Best sports video game to purchase?

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Looking for some help. I buy a new video game every year or two, im looking for what is the best sport video game to buy at the moment. Doesnt have to be brand new.. Use to be a big NHL fan but i dont enjoy the game anymore, just finished NBA 2k20 and have played the enjoyment out of that.

Thanks for any help!

Sep 19, 2008
This is more suited for Geek Empo.

NBA didn't really make any changes from 2k21 to 2k20. Franchise is largely the same.

NHL is bad.

Madden is okay.

I would say if you haven't played NHL in a bit just get NHL 21. There hasn't really been any improvement from NHL 16 to NHL 21 but since you haven't played in a while it should be good enough.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Personally, I think it makes a lot more sense/would be more fun for videogame talk to be in the Entertainment forum (it's really no different from music, tv, or movies, and you should be able to talk about them collectively anyways), but it'll probably be moved to the Tech/Geek one.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

NBA didn't really make any changes from 2k21 to 2k20. Franchise is largely the same.

NHL is bad.

Madden is okay.

I would say if you haven't played NHL in a bit just get NHL 21. There hasn't really been any improvement from NHL 16 to NHL 21 but since you haven't played in a while it should be good enough.

Haven't played any of the newer NHL games after NHL 14.

Bad game.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

NHL is bad.

Madden is okay.

Madden is the furthest thing from okay, it’s a f***ing embarrassment

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
F1 is supposedly a really good series, if you like car spots than Forza's a good bet as well.

If not.........Rocket League? Mainline sports entries are having a rough go at it

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I think you can explore around a bit with some European/Aus titles like the Rugby League and Don Bradman/Ashes cricket games.

MLB The Show is always well made but a boring game unless you're into baseball imo.

I really liked PES but apparently it's been poor lately. You can't go wrong with FIFA (unless you play online a lot apparently) though you might wanna save some money and go with FIFA 19 or 20 if possible since they change very little year to year like NHL.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If you like baseball the best option is to go with MLB The Show.

If you want a management game all of EHM, Out of The Park Baseball, and Football Manager are awesome and well worth the money!

Reactions: Pink Mist

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
NBA Jam is still my reigning champion, even as someone that played on salty developer hard mode by playing as the Bulls.

Followed closely by the old NFL Blitz games.

Reactions: OmniCube

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
PES if you didn't get it last year. Gameplay is best of any sportsgame recently. If you got it last year, don't bother.

Reactions: Trash Man

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
If you have access to a PS2 or BC PS 3 Tiger Woods 2004 for that platform is the greatest golf game ever made.

Not only is the gameplay satisfying and intuitive, the courses (real and fantasy) are great and it has a pro shop stocked with 1000's of items to buy. So lots of incentive to keep playing (it takes a few months to fully max out a character's stats anyway).

You'll never see a pro shop like that in gaming again. It's all DLC and microtransactions now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beau Knows

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think the play for you is to buy EA Access. 30 Dollars Canadian and you get Madden, FIFA, NHL, and some other stuff. It's not the most up to date versions of the game but you get them later on in the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad