Best Skating Prospects

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'll open this debate at both the individual level and at the team level. I know NJ focuses heavy on speed up front in the draft and our prospect list reflects it. The top 10 skating prospects in NJ's organization are simply explosive.

1.) Michael McLeod
2.) Brandon Gignac
3.) Miles Wood
4.) Nico Hischier
5.) Marian Studenic
6.) Brett Seney
7.) Blake Speers
8.) Jesper Bratt
9.) Jesper Boqvist
10.) Joey Anderson

Some of these are debatable, I almost put Gignac #1. I believe Tampa has some strong skating prospects as well.
idk if you can say that when raddysh and foote are top prospects here

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Vince Dunn and Jordan Kyrou are ridiculously good skaters. Their speed and agility is ridiculous.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
If we're going by pure speed and at least some semblance of puck on stick as well (not just off the puck), I can't really think of a high-end prospect faster than Mcleod, Kapanen right now. They have a similar gear to young Duchene but not quite at McDavid level...where he can just glide around at top speed.

Kyrou, Pujlu, Gauthier are others that are very fast as well but they don't have the in-game top speed of the aforementioned, IMO.

If your talking about all around skating, edges, pivoting, the list would be a lot longer.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Thread needs more Morgan Frost.

Plus Ryan Merkley has insane agility for a 16/17 year old.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Ryan Merkley, not drafted yet, but some of the clips of his skating are unreal

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Walman too and everyone says Kostin is too.

Yeah, Dunn and Kyrou are fantastic skaters, but Walman may be even better.

When I first saw this rush by Walman @2:38 my jaw hit the floor. Keep in mind this was 1) in the playoffs 2) I believe Walman's 12th pro game.

Goes from standing still to beating 4/5 skaters before they can really even react. Impressive stuff.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, Dunn and Kyrou are fantastic skaters, but Walman may be even better.

When I first saw this rush by Walman @2:38 my jaw hit the floor. Keep in mind this was 1) in the playoffs 2) I believe Walman's 12th pro game.

Goes from standing still to beating 4/5 skaters before they can really even react. Impressive stuff.

Nice. Similar to the Sanheim rush I posted.

AstoriaIceNinja

Feb 29, 2016
Astoria, NY (USA)
Purely in terms of skating I would say Jonathan Ang. The guy has wheels, it was his primary claim to fame en route to getting taken in the 4th by the Panthers.

He's been brought up before but I also think Victor Mete is an elite skater.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Jake Virtanen and Andrei Pedan are the Canucks best skating prospects in the system. goes to show how slow our team is, if an out of shape Jake Virtanen is faster then anyone on our current roster. :shakehead

AstoriaIceNinja

Feb 29, 2016
Astoria, NY (USA)
Jake Virtanen and Andrei Pedan are the Canucks best skating prospects in the system. goes to show how slow our team is, if an out of shape Jake Virtanen is faster then anyone on our current roster. :shakehead

Also makes you wonder how fast Virtanen could be if he stayed in shape. Emerson Etem part two, at this rate, and that may be being kind.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Also makes you wonder how fast Virtanen could be if he stayed in shape. Emerson Etem part two, at this rate, and that may be being kind.

this time around Jake is apparently working very hard. He's posting a lot of work out videos on his Instagram feed. Kinda funny actually.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Not sure why but 6/7 i read as "Brittney spears".

Had to do a double take.

Kylington and Kaprizov need to be here as some of the best skating prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad