Best single-team rookie crop ever

captainpierce

Feb 1, 2007
What do you think is the best single-team rookie crop ever? I'd say the best one I know of is the 1985-86 Canadiens, who had 10 rookies(including Roy, Lemieux, Skrudland, Richer, Lalor, etc.) on their playoff roster and won the Cup. Some other notable ones that come to mind for me include the 1980-81 Oilers(Coffey, Kurri, Anderson) and the 1992-93 Jets(Selanne, Tkachuk, Zhamnov).

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
Man those are pretty damn good rookie crops.

NJ's best was probably 99-00, Gomez, Rafalski, Madden, White. Gomez and Rafalski were named to the all rookie team, and White (who played 21 regular season games and all 23 playoff games) was named to the all rookie team the following season. Madden also tied an NHL rookie record with 6 shorthanded goals that year (it will probably be broken by Staal this year, he has 5 I think).

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What do you think is the best single-team rookie crop ever? I'd say the best one I know of is the 1985-86 Canadiens, who had 10 rookies(including Roy, Lemieux, Skrudland, Richer, Lalor, etc.) on their playoff roster and won the Cup. Some other notable ones that come to mind for me include the 1980-81 Oilers(Coffey, Kurri, Anderson) and the 1992-93 Jets(Selanne, Tkachuk, Zhamnov).
85-86 was an interesting year, in the finals the Habs (with their 10 rookies) faced the Flames who had 3 notable rookies (Vernon, Otto, Suter, but also had a few other guys who either played or were in the pressbox including Brett Hull, Brian Bradley and Gary Roberts)

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
all great crops. Ducks best was last year for certain...

Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, Bryzgalov, Beauchemin and Kunitz were all technically rookies if I recall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad