Best shot at the 2013 Memorial Cup?

BLBarmada

Are you talking about the Memorial Cup finals or the Memorial Cup in general?

If he talking about Mem cup finals then I strongly disagree, SJ are getting all but Huberdeau back, with a 60% chance of Huberdeau.

London and Edmonton have good chances.

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
From the dub it'll likely be Portland. Edmonton, however, has a really deep team this year and will put up a good fight. Plymouth looks good from the O.

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
From the dub it'll likely be Portland. Edmonton, however, has a really deep team this year and will put up a good fight. Plymouth looks good from the O.

We're talking about 2013 though. Portland will lose a lot of talent. Edmonton's year is next year. They've got a lot of talented 93s.

Plymouth is incredibly deep, and they've got two really key 92s that will be back for an overage year (three if Heard goes back). They have a bunch of talented 93s that will be back, and a 94 built for a long playoff run.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Edmonton would but the Oilers are using Rexall as well so I think Tri-City, Kelowna or Medicine Hat would be my guess.

Edit: My bad, I thought you meant hosting it. I'm gonna say Edmonton wins it, they'll be stacked and their full of Winners.

WHL: Edmonton
OHL: Peterbrough
QMJHL: Halifax
Host: Who Knows

It's already down to 3 teams in regards to the bidding for 2013. The final 3 are:

Saskatoon
Red Deer
Kelowna

Nyax

Oct 2, 2008
Parts Unknown
Edmonton would but the Oilers are using Rexall as well so I think Tri-City, Kelowna or Medicine Hat would be my guess.

Edit: My bad, I thought you meant hosting it. I'm gonna say Edmonton wins it, they'll be stacked and their full of Winners.

OHL: Peterbrough
Host: Who Knows

Peterborough?:laugh: No chance.

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
If he talking about Mem cup finals then I strongly disagree, SJ are getting all but Huberdeau back, with a 60% chance of Huberdeau.

London and Edmonton have good chances.

They're hosting.

joke-went-over-your-head.gif

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Halifax's top offensive line is as explosive as it comes.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Besides Yakupov and Galchenyuk, who are Sarnia's other big guns?

MacKinnon, Frk, Ciampini, Drouin, Ashley, Ryan is a pretty impressive collection. Not saying it can't be beat, and some of those guys still have development to do to prove themselves, but a pretty high ceiling group.

Your forgetting about Grenier. The 6'5 monster with skill.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
BUMP

Now that the season has started, who do you guys think are the favorites to come out of each league this season?/who do you think will be the 2013 memorial cup champs?

EDIT:

My predictions:

OHL: London

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I would be shocked if London didnt win the OHL. They won it last year and have only got better since then. if the goaltending holds up, they are the favourites to come out of the O.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I will go with Quebec, I love their goaltending and offense (both primary and secondary). Culkin will be one of the better defensmen in the league as well.

Grigorenko
Erne
Duclair
Sorensen
Shaw

That is tremendous offense

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I would be shocked if London didnt win the OHL. They won it last year and have only got better since then. if the goaltending holds up, they are the favourites to come out of the O.

This really isn't true.

... Nik Ritchie, Matt Puempel and Slater Koekkoek... I don't know thats pretty terrible :sarcasm:

Puempel was traded to Kitchener for a third liner and two second round picks months ago. But of course you couldn't know this last year.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
BUMP

Now that the season has started, who do you guys think are the favorites to come out of each league this season?/who do you think will be the 2013 memorial cup champs?

EDIT:

My predictions:

I'd agree with these predictions, but Québec is also really strong.

I haven't watched them yet this season, but just from their results so far, it looks like the Blades have some work to do.

Puempel was traded to Kitchener for a third liner and two second round picks months ago.
Notice the date of that post. ;)

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I'd agree with these predictions, but Québec is also really strong.

I haven't watched them yet this season, but just from their results so far, it looks like the Blades have some work to do.

Notice the date of that post. ;)

I don't know what happened, I always do this, I always check, I read the post, saw 2012, posted, then read the thread and wondered why all the dates changed to 2011...

It happens when you work all day and make your first post.

Oct 15, 2008
Quebec
London
Edmonton

That is who will be there along with Saskatoon.

Outside chance for Portland, Kamloops and Calgary in the west, Halifax in the Q.

Nobody is beating London in Ontario.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
BUMP

EDIT:

My predictions:

You're still going to here the same things. Halifax/Quebec, Edmonton, London.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad