Best shot at the 2013 Memorial Cup?

BLBarmada

Halifax is the early favorite by far, who can boast Mackinnon,Frk,Ciampini, Drouin ???

That's more firepower then London, Sarnia or Kitchener.

howitzermoose

Apr 10, 2006
That's not more firepower than Sarnia.

Besides Yakupov and Galchenyuk, who are Sarnia's other big guns?

MacKinnon, Frk, Ciampini, Drouin, Ashley, Ryan is a pretty impressive collection. Not saying it can't be beat, and some of those guys still have development to do to prove themselves, but a pretty high ceiling group.

jughead42*

That's not more firepower than Sarnia.

He's not talking about now, he's talking 2013. There's pretty good odds that Sarnia will lose one or both of Galchenyuk and Yakupov to the NHL, and neither will be playing for Sarnia that season.

You'd be foolish to overlook Windsor as a potential contender in 2013. They have some great 94 and 95 players like Bateman, Ebert, Rychel, Webermin, and Maletta who'll be the core of their 2013 team.

KingJet*

Edmonton would but the Oilers are using Rexall as well so I think Tri-City, Kelowna or Medicine Hat would be my guess.

Edit: My bad, I thought you meant hosting it. I'm gonna say Edmonton wins it, they'll be stacked and their full of Winners.

WHL: Edmonton
OHL: Peterbrough
QMJHL: Halifax
Host: Who Knows

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Trust me halifax won't make the memorial cup, lots of firepower but goaltending and defense are a question, also lack of experience. For the record jonathan drouin did not report so he will not be playing with halifax this season. EDIT: I completely misread the title and thought it was 2012, for 2013 halifax does have a pretty good chance but they will have to prove a lot this season first

Last edited:

BLBarmada

Halifax has a goalie in the wings, Drouin is overrated in the sense that he's inconsistent. And D issues for Hali can be fixed.

Windsor Has a strong young D core right ?

And Sarnia won't have the firepower of Halifax.

No way Yakupov comes back.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
He's not talking about now, he's talking 2013. There's pretty good odds that Sarnia will lose one or both of Galchenyuk and Yakupov to the NHL, and neither will be playing for Sarnia that season.

You'd be foolish to overlook Windsor as a potential contender in 2013. They have some great 94 and 95 players like Bateman, Ebert, Rychel, Webermin, and Maletta who'll be the core of their 2013 team.

If they lose only one how will niether play for them? Yakupov is gone thats a fact, but Galchenyuk definitely can still come back and they have a core of players who likely won't move on either.

And if what some Windsor fans keep saying about Ebert turns out true, theres no chance he's back in Windsor for 2012-13

BluechipBulletin

Mar 22, 2011
www.bluechipbulletin.com
FTR, I like St John and Quebec in the QMJHL, Edmonton and Portland in the Dub and Sarnia and Plymouth in the OHL. Favorite in the OHL has to be Plymouth this year and next. Just too much talent and depth not to be in the running.

playthetrap*

Sarnia will have lost too much depth (and firepower) by 2012-2013. Look for them to go for it this season.

My early frontrunner for '13 is London. If Houser returns for his OA year, they are set in goal. Olli Maatta, Scott Harrington, Kevin Raine, and Jake Worrad will be vets on D while Domi, Athanasiou, Ryan Rupert, Bo Horvat, Seth Griffith will be up front. I expect more additions to that club and they have the players and picks to get deals done for a couple seasons.

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
Tough to say for 2013.

I think Shawinigan has a darn good chance at making it to the finals this upcoming season.

Mark.
My.
Words.

jughead42*

If they lose only one how will niether play for them? Yakupov is gone thats a fact, but Galchenyuk definitely can still come back and they have a core of players who likely won't move on either.

And if what some Windsor fans keep saying about Ebert turns out true, theres no chance he's back in Windsor for 2012-13

Come on grammar nerd, you know what I meant. Yes, Ebert could be in the NHL and he has been spectacular however known hockey guru Craig Button had him 23 on his list so its not like he's a sure fire top 5 for the draft. Of course Craig Button is clinically Pejorative Slured, so who knows.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Edmonton would but the Oilers are using Rexall as well so I think Tri-City, Kelowna or Medicine Hat would be my guess.

Edit: My bad, I thought you meant hosting it. I'm gonna say Edmonton wins it, they'll be stacked and their full of Winners.

WHL: Edmonton
OHL: Peterbrough
QMJHL: Halifax
Host: Who Knows

agreed, st.croix, wruck, lowe, reinhart, lazar, ewanyk, heck even gernat has alot of promise. thats gonna be a dam good team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad