Best shot arsenal for a prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I would take Schremp's shot over any other prospect hold Ovechkin. Ovechkin has a really nice wrist and snap shot....doesn't have the slaper Schremp has.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Bergeron47 said:
If Dion Phaneuf was really accurate, he'd be a scoring machine..
He is accurate, he gets a large majority of his shots towards the net, which is key for a slap shot from the blueline. Those guy's aren't trying to pick the top corner from back there.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Stefan Ruzicka has an incredible shot. His coach and former Flyers assistant coach has described it as the best shot he's seen at any level.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
monster_bertuzzi said:
To correct Aaron, Brule has the best slapshot in the dub.

I respectfully disagree.

If you ever see Getzlaf manage to be set up with a one-timer on the Hitmen powerplay, I think you'll agree as well.

To correct monster_bertuzzi, Dion Phaneuf has the best slap shot in the dub.

I think if Phaneuf were able to keep his shot down a bit more, he'd be more of a contender for this. I've noticed he likes to let the slapshot go and aim high. Personally if I was a forward standing in front of the net, not only would I be scared, but frustrated with the lack of chances to tip a shot as well.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Getzlaf as a realy nice shot package so does Kostitsyn and also Nigel Dawes can realy rip shots. Jeff Carter as a nice blend of shots and Evgeni Malkin is really underated because people think because he is a playmaker that is shot is not good but I think it's a really nice blend of shots and is wrist shot looks realy heavy to.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
What u guys think about Crosby´s arsenal??

It's obviously good but it's not great. His best shooting asset is his soft hands, which allow him to score those ridiculous goals in close. In terms of pure shooting though I wouldn't rate him as one of the best.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Epsilon said:
It's obviously good but it's not great. His best shooting asset is his soft hands, which allow him to score those ridiculous goals in close. In terms of pure shooting though I wouldn't rate him as one of the best.

False.

Crosby has the best arsenal of shot in the 2005 draft from the players I've seen. His wrist shot especially is great.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
What u guys think about Crosby´s arsenal??

I strongly disagree with what Espilon has said. Crosby has a very good slapper (not top-notch but very good), a superb one-timer, a fast and accurate wrist shop with quick release. I wouldn't rank him as the best shooting prospect but his one-timer and shot release is as good as it comes.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Philip J. Fry said:
I strongly disagree with what Espilon has said. Crosby has a very good slapper (not top-notch but very good), a superb one-timer, a fast and accurate wrist shop with quick release. I wouldn't rank him as the best shooting prospect but his one-timer and shot release is as good as it comes.

thank you

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Aaron Vickers said:
I think if Phaneuf were able to keep his shot down a bit more, he'd be more of a contender for this. I've noticed he likes to let the slapshot go and aim high. Personally if I was a forward standing in front of the net, not only would I be scared, but frustrated with the lack of chances to tip a shot as well.
Unlike 90% of players who take slapshots from the blueline Dion Phaneuf actually makes contact with the net. My guess is his shot going towards the top corner is less fustrating for teammate then one that is going way wide of the target.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
MrMastodonFarm said:
My guess is his shot going towards the top corner is less fustrating for teammate then one that is going way wide of the target.

Personally, as a former player who spent a lot of time in front of the net, I'd prefer to deflect a low shot going a foot wide then try to pick out a shot from the air that is about chest high. Personally, it's easier as well, at least it was for me.

Granted, that is just me, and I never took the game anywhere, but I'd imagine I'm not alone.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Aaron Vickers said:
Personally, as a former player who spent a lot of time in front of the net, I'd prefer to deflect a low shot going a foot wide then try to pick out a shot from the air that is about chest high. Personally, it's easier as well, at least it was for me.
I bet alot of forwards agree with you, they would rather the shot go wide so it might not hit them then go towards the net. I would rather the shot goes towards the net then starts going a foot wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad