Best seats

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I don't like being on the glass unless I'm directly behind the net; the distortions in the glass will completely block your view of at least one corner.

My preference is to be about 15-20 rows back in the lower bowl, ideally in between the blue lines. You can see everything from there.

I've only been on the club level a couple of times. I seem to recall liking them well enough, but not for the price.

Uppers are ok, especially if you can get in the first 3-4 rows.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Having experimented a bunch watching college hockey, the best seats in any arena are in the corner and on the glass. Up close, unobstructed, and undistorted view of everywhere on the ice.You have to be in the area where the corner of the ice would be if it was a full rectangle for that to work. If you're even a row back or two, the glass will severely distort your view.

Most NHL arenas use the corners for zamboni entrances and whatnot, though. I think PNC only has one corner where you can actually get seats.

Besides that, you don't want to be behind the benches unless you're at least 10 rows up, unless you like watching trainers and whatnot.

But really, any seat in the arena will be great. I've sat in the literal last row of arenas before, and you can still see just about everything. You'll be able to see the faces of players and whatnot much better from the lower bowl, but you can see full ice plays develop better from up high. Forced to choose, I'd say get a lower bowl seat near the corner on the end where your team shoots twice, 10+ rows up. The club sections have their own restrooms and food, but the food and beer selection is better if you go to the main concourse and the restroom lines aren't actually much shorter anyway.

kingbrutis

Jul 21, 2005
Thanks. Most arenas are really good at sight lines. I understand parking is $20? What’s the best lot to hang out in before the game? What’s the best food at the arena? Any good tattoo shops around?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Having experimented a bunch watching college hockey, the best seats in any arena are in the corner and on the glass. Up close, unobstructed, and undistorted view of everywhere on the ice.You have to be in the area where the corner of the ice would be if it was a full rectangle for that to work. If you're even a row back or two, the glass will severely distort your view.

Most NHL arenas use the corners for zamboni entrances and whatnot, though. I think PNC only has one corner where you can actually get seats.

Besides that, you don't want to be behind the benches unless you're at least 10 rows up, unless you like watching trainers and whatnot.

But really, any seat in the arena will be great. I've sat in the literal last row of arenas before, and you can still see just about everything. You'll be able to see the faces of players and whatnot much better from the lower bowl, but you can see full ice plays develop better from up high. Forced to choose, I'd say get a lower bowl seat near the corner on the end where your team shoots twice, 10+ rows up. The club sections have their own restrooms and food, but the food and beer selection is better if you go to the main concourse and the restroom lines aren't actually much shorter anyway.

You can get seats in all the corners, AFAIK, Jeff.

pncarena_hockey-10798.jpg

Thanks. Most arenas are really good at sight lines. I understand parking is $20? What’s the best lot to hang out in before the game? What’s the best food at the arena? Any good tattoo shops around?

At the arena itself? The barbeque. As for lots, there's parking entirely encircling PNC and there's tailgates all over the place.

As far as where to go to get ink, what's your fancy in terms of style?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
You can get seats in all the corners, AFAIK, Jeff.

pncarena_hockey-10798.jpg

I'm talking about seats specifically on the glass, or maybe the row behind. You can look down the inside of the boards in both direction from the corner- since the corners are rounded off, it effectively gives you a similar view as one from within the ice surface itself. If you can ever find an opportunity to see a game like that, it's a spectacular view. I do see arena and team staff there, perhaps bribery would work. Or become an opposing team's backup goalie, that's where we force them to sit.

That picture shows all four corners being used for arena operations. For some reason I had remembered one of them still having seats, but I guess that's not the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad