Best russian team right now

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Hi guys,

What would be the best team Russia would have now both including NHL and KHL players ?
I have not been able to follow the KHL so much this sesaon but i guess Gusev and Kaprizov would be there

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Kucherov
Panarin - Malkin - Tarasenko
Gusev - Shipachyov - Radulov
Dadonov - Barbashev - Kaprizov

Svechnikov, Buchnevich, Kagarlitskiy

Provorov - Sergachyov
Zaytsev - Orlov
Zadorov - Gavrikov

Vasilevskiy, Bobrovskiy
Sorokin, Varlamov, Shestyorkin
Samsonov, Khudobin, Georgiev
Varlamov's groin

This is without taking into account much a need for a grinding line. Just basically the best forwards available.

jimstark

May 22, 2014
Thanks :) Dont know much about Barbashev but i like what i see from Svecnnikov who has had a very very good first season in the NHL. Buchnevich i dont know about i would have exepted more from him but lets see next season. Kagarlitsky i never heard about is he a winger og center and where does he play ?

I think Russias D i starting to look very good after many years and on the goalie side they have maybe the best roster with Vlasy for sure the number one ( best in the world i think )

Are there any young talentet centers in russia age 15/16 at this point?

Its really sad to se players like Filatov, Yakupov, Nitsjuskin (Dallas) never live up the latter i dont think will be any better than he is now tough i hade big hopes from him remember Jagr said he would the best in the world

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Thanks :) Dont know much about Barbashev but i like what i see from Svecnnikov who has had a very very good first season in the NHL. Buchnevich i dont know about i would have exepted more from him but lets see next season. Kagarlitsky i never heard about is he a winger og center and where does he play ?

I think Russias D i starting to look very good after many years and on the goalie side they have maybe the best roster with Vlasy for sure the number one ( best in the world i think )

Are there any young talentet centers in russia age 15/16 at this point?

Its really sad to se players like Filatov, Yakupov, Nitsjuskin (Dallas) never live up the latter i dont think will be any better than he is now tough i hade big hopes from him remember Jagr said he would the best in the world
Barbashev has developed nicely... into a bottom 6 player with some energy. Him and Shipachyov being on that list is due to non-existent center depth beyond Malkin and Kuznetsov. Also nothing in the upcoming crops. It's like russian kids and kids coaches are allergic against center development. Not a single russian center prospect is in the projected elite or even star range.

Svechnikov should climb fast up the chart. He is where he is based on his rookie year.

Buchnevich never was a super elite prospect, but he seems to a guy who can work on his game. He won't be a Kucherov, but he can be at least a top 6 player going forward, a top liner in the NHL if all is well.

Kagarlitskiy is a late bloomer. Shipachyov's crop from Severstal Cherepovets. He is 29, but he certainly deserves to be at the WHC based on his play right here and now. He is good by all means. He is currently Shipachyov's LW with Dynamo Moscow.

I picked the KHL guys based on the eye test actually, but not surprisingly the forwards are all top 5 in KHL scoring this season except for Kaprizov who is scoring wise an Ovechkin type of guy. A sniper who lead the league's goal scoring, but has less assists.

The D is nothing to brag about. It's just better than what it was before the emergence of Provorov and Sergachyov.

For the fun of it I would dish the lines like that:

Gusev - Grigorenko - Kucherov
Panarin - Kuznetsov - Tarasenko

Just like in juniors. Grigorenko plays a lot on the wing nowadays, but he is still a natural center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad