Best Russian Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Bure in his short time

Fedorov in the long haul

similar to the hasek\roy debate. Roy is better during the long span, but Hasek had him beat during his prime.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
X8oD said:
Bure in his short time

Fedorov in the long haul

similar to the hasek\roy debate. Roy is better during the long span, but Hasek had him beat during his prime.

I don't think Bure's prime was any better than Sergei's. Both have 2 100+ point seasons. Bure has three other 90+ pts seasons and Fedorov has 3 other 80+ point seasons. Then Sergei's longer career kicks in not to mention Fedorov's defensive presence. Bure led the league in goals a couple times. Fedorov popped in 100 points and won the Selke the same year a couple times.

Fedorov has had the best NHL career of any Russian player ever, how he stacks up with guys who spent the bulk of their careers in the CCCP is hard to measure.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Okay Bure shouldnt be winning this one. Kharlamov is who I took. I'll put Fedorov over Bure. My list on that one at least goes like this: Kharlamov, Fetisov, Fedorov, Bure.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Wow, I can't believe Bure is winning this. IMO he is the worst out of all four. I picked Kharlamov. It's close to between him and Fetisov.

Judging just on NHL careers Fedorov is better than Bure.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
Doc Hollywood said:
Bure was one of the most exciting players in his prime.

Exciting doesn't mean best. Fedorov is one of the most complete players the game has ever seen. Three cups, two Selke's, a Hart, and a Pearson. The guy dominates all three zones. Kharlamov may have been better, but from what I saw in the Summit Series, he wasn't as good as Fedorov at his best.

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Of the following forwards I've seen, from best to worst:

Fedorov
Bure
Mogilny
Kharlamov
Yakushev
Mihailov
Petrov

But the greatest player (as in most ahead of his time) on my list is Kharlamov.

iamcaper

Vicious Vic said:
Exciting doesn't mean best. Fedorov is one of the most complete players the game has ever seen. Three cups, two Selke's, a Hart, and a Pearson. The guy dominates all three zones. Kharlamov may have been better, but from what I saw in the Summit Series, he wasn't as good as Fedorov at his best.

Kharlamov would have only been about 23 or 24 during the Summit Series so you can't really say he was in his prime. The guy dominated against guys with much more experience than him.

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
iamcaper said:
Kharlamov would have only been about 23 or 24 during the Summit Series so you can't really say he was in his prime. The guy dominated against guys with much more experience than him.

Not that I have a point, but so did Fedorov in 1993-94...at the age of 23/24. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad