Best Run Franchises #1

Who is the best run Franchise

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Shouldn't there be something said about how Shanahan originally hired Dubas and prior to him being named Leafs GM the Avalanche wanted to interview him for some executive level position in the summer of 2017 that the Leafs did not give them permission. Plus Dubas name was also linked to other GM jobs for other teams. So if those teams wanted to get him away from the Leafs obviously they see the same thing Leafs fans already knew about.

Sure something could be said but I don't think it means much at all. It certainly isn't more impressive than GMs that have actually won something.

If teams thought they could get Yzerman, Poile, Chevldyoff there would be a lot more than 3 or 4 teams sniffing around.

Having a few teams interested in Dubas isn't really that impressive at all.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Sure something could be said but I don't think it means much at all. It certainly isn't more impressive than GMs that have actually won something.

If teams thought they could get Yzerman, Poile, Chevldyoff there would be a lot more than 3 or 4 teams sniffing around.

Having a few teams interested in Dubas isn't really that impressive at all.
I know it's not a Stanley Cup but Dubas does have the Calder Cup Championship on his resume as the GM of the Toronto Marlies. So he has won something at the professional level.

Also until last season would anyone have Chevldyoff ranked with Yzerman and Poile? I realize the Jets made the Western Conference Final, however it was the first time ever that the Jets 2.0 ever won any playoff series.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I know it's not a Stanley Cup but Dubas does have the Calder Cup Championship on his resume as the GM of the Toronto Marlies. So he has won something at the professional level.

Also until last season would anyone have Chevldyoff ranked with Yzerman and Poile? I realize the Jets made the Western Conference Final, however it was the first time ever that the Jets 2.0 ever won any playoff series.

LOL

No a Calder Cup is not a impressive thing to have on your resume. Especially since many of the guys are brought in through the draft which Dubas may or may not have had anything to do with.

Sure but last year did happen so we do include it on Chevldayoff's resume. Jesus Christ you want a Calder Cup counted I think we can count a WCF appearance.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
LOL

No a Calder Cup is not a impressive thing to have on your resume. Especially since many of the guys are brought in through the draft which Dubas may or may not have had anything to do with.

Sure but last year did happen so we do include it on Chevldayoff's resume. Jesus Christ you want a Calder Cup counted I think we can count a WCF appearance.
Like I said before I realize a Calder Cup is not the same as winning a Stanley Cup.

The only reason why I mentioned Chevldyoff is because you put him in the same class with Yzerman and Poile based off 1 year where the Jets made the Conference Final, since it was the first time under him that the Jets 2.0 ever won a playoff series.

So I was not saying Dubas is already a better NHL GM than him.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Like I said before I realize a Calder Cup is not the same as winning a Stanley Cup.

The only reason why I mentioned Chevldyoff is because you put him in the same class with Yzerman and Poile based off 1 year where the Jets made the Conference Final, since it was the first time under him that the Jets 2.0 ever won a playoff series.

So I was not saying Dubas is already a better NHL GM than him.

I was just listing GMs that would have interest and his name came to mind. I wouldn't have him in the same category as Yzerman or Poile, but he is definitely much better than Dubas.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
In my lifetime (the last 40 years)? Probably the Penguins.

Granted it didn't hurt them to land Crosby...I'm sure that sort of helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->