Best Qb stat(s)

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I was wondering what stats everyone valued with regards to stats QB for play. Obviously QB rating has been around forever and attempts to determine a QBs efficiency. Then there's QBR which tries to work in sacks, running plays and other things, but seems a bit off to me personally when you look at the leaderboards on a given year. Last year Mitch was 3rd and Winston was 8th for example which are a pretty far departure from their QB ratings. It seems to me that the other things (sacks, rushing, etc.) should be factored in but that QBR seems a bit off with it's results.

So what stat or stats do you look at when it comes to QB play?

Last edited:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Flacco>Marino, got it

Dilfer, too. :)

The op is a good/ complicated question IMO, because as mentioned so many QB stats are dependent on the receivers doing their job as well. Sacks taken is usually at least partly on the OL.

Also tough to quantify "clutch". I guess with QBs it's impossible to tell the whole story just with stats

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
TD:Int Ratio is a big one for me, but I like completion percentage and yards per attempt.

Yards themselves are typically garbage because a lot of them just come from QBs on bad teams that are often trailing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->