Best Prospects: O-minded D-men

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacketracket*

Just curious---I don't get a chance to follow the prospects as closely as I'd like.

Which offense-minded D-men are having good camps, and which have a decent shot at winning a spot on an NHL roster?

Who do you expect to get called up during the season?

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
John-Michael Liles, the recent MSU Spartan and Hobey Baker finalist, is having a pretty solid camp for the Avs and is possibly locked in a battle with fellow prospect Tomas Slovak for a spot as the #6 or #7 dman to start the year for Colorado.

Actually, Slovak is pretty good offensively as well, having scored 71 points in the WHL last year...but it is the older Liles whose offensive skills really stand-out from the blueline. He's definitely on the small side but he has the vision and scoring of a forward.

There is plenty of talk on Liles and Slovak on the Avs board if you want some first-hand views on how they have done in camp and in games.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Two names :
Lukas Krajicek.
Ross Lupaschuk.
Two amazing offensive Dmen who have a great shot at making their respective teams.

JasonMacIsaac

Paul Martin is the only offensive dmen in camp and he isn't haveing a good camp, he will go back to Albany to maybe gain some strenth and work on his defense.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
In Dallas, Trevor Daley might be stealing Erskine's position out from under his feet. Erskine has been rather average, and Daley has been very good for the Stars, especially QBing the PP.

In all likelihood, Daley will be sent to Utah, but that's not a guarantee at the moment.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Anton Babchuk has an absolute laser for a shot, and is very effective defensively. Should be a regular in 2 years, and will probably will get a cup of coffee late this year

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Trevor Daley looks great on the Stars but since he is only 20 should start in Utah. Expect huge minutes next year when Teppo Sweeney and matty could be gone

CoolburnIsGone

Evilo said:
Two names :
Lukas Krajicek.
Ross Lupaschuk.
Two amazing offensive Dmen who have a great shot at making their respective teams.
Krajicek underwent offseason shoulder surgery and instead of listening to the GM (Dudley) to rehab it in south FL, Lukas went his own way (rehab was done in Tampa). As a result, he's far behind what was expected and is not going to make the Cats team this yr as a result. He's got a future with FL but it won't start this yr and he's got only himself to blame for it.

CoolburnIsGone

Evilo said:
he's out for the whole year???
I didn't know that...
Thanks for the info...
I didn't say he was out for the yr...he'll just start the season in the AHL and may have a late season call-up at best. Next yr he should be a lock if we have a season next yr.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Evilo said:
Two names :
Lukas Krajicek.
Ross Lupaschuk.

From what I heard, Lupaschuk hasn't improved all that much.

Wyvern

Feb 13, 2003
Texas
Visit site
Trevor Daley for Dallas. Its a very outside shot but with the way Erskine stunk it up in practice I would not object Daleys presence on the roster.

He quarterbacked the 2nd PP unit some in camp and preseason and did not look out of place at all. Good speed and slick passing. He is gonna be a goodie.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Yeah Trevor Daley definitely should be among the top in this category. He's probably the best skating prospect in the world right now, he makes fast decisions, great vision and passing and makes up for his size by playing a feisty game.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
How do most rate Gleason in this category?

I haven't seen him mentioned. How do you guys rate him among other similar style prospects.

He's LA's property now, and I'm happy with the deal, but I'm wondering on what me might be missing out on in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->