Best Prospect Positions by Team

Dougie Seguin

2011 Cup Champs
May 2, 2010
Massachusetts
Title may be a little confusing but which teams have the best prospect pool by each position.

I would choose

Center- Boston
Right Wing- St. Louis
Left Wing- Edmonton
Defense- Nashville
Goalie- Washington

What is your opinions?

Hooch314

Mar 16, 2008
If Seguin isn't a prospect anymore than I would give the nod to someone other than Boston.

Other than that it seems like a pretty accurate list.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
florida is near if not better than washington in goalies. markstrom, salak,brittain,and cheverie all have pro potential. brittain is having an excellent year for denver as a freshman as well.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
florida is near if not better than washington in goalies. markstrom, salak,brittain,and cheverie all have pro potential. brittain is having an excellent year for denver as a freshman as well.

Varlamov, Neuvirth, Holtby and Grubauer.

Florida may have pro potential goalies, but Washinton already has 3 of 4 in the pros.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Varlamov, Neuvirth, Holtby and Grubauer.

Florida may have pro potential goalies, but Washinton already has 3 of 4 in the pros.

It's all about potential and there is definetely good starting potential in Varlamov/Neuvirth, but Markstrom, Salak, and Brittain have great potential as well. its extremely close IMO

HemskyToHall*

If Oilers get Couturier, I think they'd have the best center prospects.

Lander/Pitlick/Couturier

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It's all about potential and there is definetely good starting potential in Varlamov/Neuvirth, but Markstrom, Salak, and Brittain have great potential as well. its extremely close IMO

I guess we have different views on prospects. I would say it's the potential as well as the likelihood of reaching that potential that makes the prospect. Varlamov, Neuvirth and Holtby all have the potential to be NHL starters and have won games in the NHL. To me, that makes them a lot likelier to become full-time NHL starters than other prospects winning games in the AHL, SEL and WCHA.

I'm not downplaying Florida's goaltending prospects. They have a solid group of them. But, I don't think you can really compare two groups of prospects with the same potential, when one group has already reached that potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->