Best prospect not yet to play in the NHL.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
So while trying to prove a point you have to throw out a shot at me in regards to the WHL? A real class act you are.

And yes, people do have credibility on here. There are many people on here who have legit scouting backgrounds and resumes.

Glass houses. You said I was a joke and had no credibility. Two-way street, dude.

and there's a difference between credible and acting like you're credible. A ton of posters fall into the latter. I come to HFBoards for entertainment purposes. :laugh:

Legit scouts and hockey people would not be posting on a forum.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Glass houses. You said I was a joke and had no credibility. Two-way street, dude.

and there's a difference between credible and acting like you're credible. A ton of posters fall into the latter. I come to HFBoards for entertainment purposes. :laugh:

Yes, I know a ton of people act like they are credible and really aren't...but I know ppl personally, who are scouts, who are hockey "people", that post here.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

This statement can't be further from the truth. I would say there are close to 50 scouts of some form that post on these boards....maybe more. Most fail to let on. It is a great place to get an early look at a wish lists of most teams.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
People here underestimating IIHF World Championships quality should remember that NHL superstars like Rick Nash, Alexander Ovechkin and Ilya Kovalchuk all scored less ppg than Mikael Granlund.

Mikko Koivu, almost a ppg player in NHL himself, also "managed" to score less points than MG, even though he had (IIRC) most icetime of Finlands forwards and was the playmaker of Finns first PP line.
Just shows that even the best of best can't dominate WC's as they will and that Granlund scoring 9 points as 19-years old is a feat of great magnitude.

Also what makes MGs feat even more impressive is that he didn't score all his points against weakling countries, but rather improved game by game and was at his peak in the decisive matches against Russia and Sweden.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Clutch based on what? WJC? Granlund were clutch player for his team in FEL and won the FEL title and was arguably playoff MVP in my books. He clutched at WC when the team needed most he made succesfull play(QF against norway, semifinal against russia and final against sweden, He drawed 2 penalties which leaded to goals and made pass for neck breaking 4-1 goal.

Kuznetsov is ALWAYS clutch. That's he point. It's part of his game. His passion.

I dont' see Granlund's passion. I see his skill though.

You are obviously biased, but remember the word. Kuznetsov will score more points in the NHL. Maybe Granlund will have more highlight reels.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Kuznetsov is ALWAYS clutch. That's he point. It's part of his game. His passion.

You are obviously biased, but remember the word. Kuznetsov will score more points in the NHL. Maybe Granlund will have more highlight reels.

Talk about being biased. Just because you don't see Granlund's passion doesn't mean it's not there. It been noted often that he's always the first one on the ice and the last one off. Always working/practicing.

I predict Granlund will have a good, if not great career in the NHL (mere speculation). I don't know enough about Kuznetsov so say anything either way. However, I do think it's ignorant to say a prospect will score more points than another prospect given that they are at similar levels (imo).

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida

And you just lost all credibility in your statment. :laugh:
Granlund is a winner on the big stage, something kuznetsov hasn't done yet.. Ill take that over clutch but still can't win. (other than the U-20's because he was exceptional there.)

Latex*

If you haven't seen Granlund's passion, you haven't seen him play.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

Your biased as hell, Granlund game is all passion, He hits like crazy, granlund competes with burning intensity, works very hard on both ends, i agree with you in 1 thing kuznetsov could be better scoring player in NHL and has higher potential to be better scorer, but granlunds game isn't just scoring. Maybe kuznetsov has passion in scoring but Granlund has passion to play defense aswell, not just score, i've seen both players enough, i don't say that kuznetsov is bad prospect he is potentially best point scorer of all prospect atm, but Granlund is overally big steps ahead him. I see that Kuznetsov gonna be offensive force in the NHL, but i believe that Granlund gonna be player who is used at all situations, PK, PP etc. I would like to see Kuznetsov's passion in his defensive play aswell because he has crazy passion to score. People seems to forget that Granlund is an good 2way player...

Last edited:

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
lol, he did just that in the only chance he had so far.. (and "he was exceptional there")

And Granlund was exceptional the whole WC and playoffs for HIFK.... You're point? Kuznetsov is going to be a HELL of a player, I know that, but saying Granlund hasn't proven anything is just wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->