Best prospect not yet to play in the NHL.

monkeywrench

May 11, 2010
Edmonton
I was just wondering who everyone thinks is the best prospect to yet suit up in the a regular season game?
It can be a player from this draft, or some one from europe.

title meant to Best prospect yet to play in the NHL.

Last edited:

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Markstrom?

Markstroms overrated as hell on these boards, what has he done lately? I'm not saying Lehner's deserving of best goalie title outside of the NHL, but he should be aheard of Markstrom at this point, AHL playoff MVP.

D: Rundblad
F: Schenn

Leafssss

Jun 23, 2010
CANADA
Schenn and Lehner have played in the NHL I believe; I'll go with:

F: Tarasenko
G: Markstrom

Oh wow, Markstrom has played in the NHL as well. Hmmm... Maybe Jack Campbell? Didn't have an impressive start las year but bounced back.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
So granlund ties fnl playoffs in scoring playing mvp quality as a 19 year old, plays great in WC and schools a goalie and he is barely mentuoned.

Going to have to go with him given he played well vs both russia and sweden.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
So granlund ties fnl playoffs in scoring playing mvp quality as a 19 year old, plays great in WC and schools a goalie and he is barely mentuoned.

Going to have to go with him given he played well vs both russia and sweden.

Oh wow, he schooled a goalie. Sign me up!

I agree though, he is up there. Not quite the best though. Too small and injury-prone.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Oh wow, he schooled a goalie. Sign me up!

I agree though, he is up there. Not quite the best though. Too small and injury-prone.

Injury prone... nice. Crosby is too small player to be best player in the world atm... However. i won't say anything because i haven't seen enough NA players playing, Granlund is the best prospect in europe with Rundblad. Granlund has the best vision, smartness and hockey IQ of all prospects. He gave huge hits on few NHL defenders or ex NHL defenders At the WC. He tried to hit ovechkin who barely noticed the hit :P. Granlund has very good burst in his skating aswell, so talking about his average skating can stop.

Last edited:

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011

I don't think that anyone who's 183 cm (6'0) and 85 kg (187 lbs) is too small.

(Those numbers are near the correct information, Eliteprospects.com has old info.)

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I don't think that anyone who's 183 cm (6'0) and 85 kg (187 lbs) is too small.

(Those numbers are near the correct information, Eliteprospects.com has old info.)

Source that hes 6'00? i don't believe he is like 5'10 or 5'11 max. He looks quite stocky tho 187 lb's is about right. Could be like 195 when he starts to play NHL.

Fulcrum

Kuznetsov and Granlund. Which of the 2 is questionable, Kuznetsov seems to be slightly more clutch and explosive, where is Granlund is slightly more gifted and creative.

RNH?! Com'on, he hasn't even played on an adult level yet.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
Injury prone... nice. Crosby is too small player to be best player in the world atm... However. i won't say anything because i haven't seen enough NA players playing, Granlund is the best prospect in europe with Rundblad. Granlund has the best vision, smartness and hockey IQ of all prospects. He gave huge hits on few NHL defenders or ex NHL defenders At the WC. He tried to hit ovechkin who barely noticed the hit :P. Granlund has very good burst in his skating aswell, so talking about his average skating can stop.

Let me guess, you're Finnish?

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Kuznetsov and Granlund. Which of the 2 is questionable, Kuznetsov seems to be slightly more clutch and explosive, where is Granlund is slightly more gifted and creative.

RNH?! Com'on, he hasn't even played on an adult level yet.

Clutch based on what? WJC? Granlund were clutch player for his team in FEL and won the FEL title and was arguably playoff MVP in my books. He clutched at WC when the team needed most he made succesfull play(QF against norway, semifinal against russia and final against sweden, He drawed 2 penalties which leaded to goals and made pass for neck breaking 4-1 goal.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
Clutch based on what? WJC? Granlund were clutch player for his team in FEL and won the FEL title and was arguably playoff MVP in my books. He clutched at WC when the team needed most he made succesfull play(QF against norway, semifinal against russia and final against sweden, He drawed 2 penalties which leaded to goals and made pass for neck breaking 4-1 goal.

I don't think anyone cares about the WC when we're talking about who is the best NHL prospect.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Markstroms overrated as hell on these boards, what has he done lately? I'm not saying Lehner's deserving of best goalie title outside of the NHL, but he should be aheard of Markstrom at this point, AHL playoff MVP.

F: Schenn
Schenn has already played a few games in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad