Best Players re-entering '04 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Who are the best players re-entering the Draft? And where do you think they will get picked?

Oh, and can someone post all the players that will re-enter so i can decide for myself as well?

Thanx folks!

PS: So far (as much as I know) it seems to be Brent and Vagner. I'd take either between 45-60 :dunno:

PJ Wiggum

Jun 7, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
I say Brent is your best bet for top player re-entering and I wouldn't even take a chance on Vagner, from what I hear he has regressed a lot and isn't expected to make an impact at the NHL level.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
mazmin said:
Who are the best players re-entering the Draft? And where do you think they will get picked?

Oh, and can someone post all the players that will re-enter so i can decide for myself as well?

Thanx folks!

PS: So far (as much as I know) it seems to be Brent and Vagner. I'd take either between 45-60 :dunno:

This is most of them, some are reenters, others FA's.

Martin Vagner (reenter) 4-6 round?
Tim Brent (reenter) 2-4 round
Brain Lee (reenter) 4-6 round
Michael Tessier (reenter) 6-8 round
Pattick Jarrett (reenter) 4-6 round
Armands Berzins (reenter) don't know
Andre Deveaux (reenter) wont' be drafted imo

Patrick Wellar (FA)
Jesse Lane (FA)
Drek Krestanovich (FA)
Aaron Rome (FA)
Scott Doben (FA)
Mark Rooneem (FA)
RJ Umberger (FA)

Rosario Ruggeri (reenter) ?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Stars lose 2002 draftee

The Stars will not sign prospect Martin Vagner and will allow him to re-enter the NHL entry draft this season, reports the Dallas Morning News.
"We just could not come to an agreement with him, so we decided the best alternative is to take the compensatory draft pick and move on," Stars GM Doug Armstrong told the paper.

Vagner was taken 26th overall in 2002 and had until 5pm ET today to ink a contract.

According to the paper, the Stars had intense negotiations with the 20-year-old defenseman, but decided the asking price was too high.

Vagner will officially be re-entered in the draft, and the Stars will receive the 58th overall pick as compensation.

The Stars can still use that pick to select Vagner again if he is available at the time.

"There's always a chance that happens," Armstrong said. "We'll have to see how our draft list looks."

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Tessier wont be drafted.

He has attitude problems and is an underachiever. CB sent a memo to the other 15 teams in the Q and offered him for the highest bidder.

Not the type of guy you want in your organization.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
La-La-Laprise said:
Tessier wont be drafted.

He has attitude problems and is an underachiever. CB sent a memo to the other 15 teams in the Q and offered him for the highest bidder.

Not the type of guy you want in your organization.

Interesting. I recall Tessier being ranked 20th by Red Line prior to the 2002 Draft. Woodlief was really high on him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Draft Guru said:
Interesting. I recall Tessier being ranked 20th by Red Line prior to the 2002 Draft. Woodlief was really high on him.

Yeah, I recall being pleased the Sabres landed him when they did. He was a personable kid too---talked to him shortly after he was selected.

Any idea what is in the way for him?

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Chainshot said:
Yeah, I recall being pleased the Sabres landed him when they did. He was a personable kid too---talked to him shortly after he was selected.

Any idea what is in the way for him?

His ego. Don't put him on line 1 and top pp and he pouts. He's also been around a point per game for 3 seasons in a row even though he's one of the most talented players in the Q. He spends half the season not caring and the other half giving a full effort. He comes to play in big games, but he's too much of a headcase for an NHL team to waste a pick on. He's one of the reasons Cape Breton self destructed in the playoffs and not many here will be disapointed to see him go. He wore out his welcome in Bathurst after 3 seasons too. He should be playing pro next year with his talent but because of his attitude he'll end up playing college after playing in the Q as an overager.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
X-SHARKIE said:
Tim Brent is going to be a good pick up. But most teams like to take a guy whose 18 or under, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall untill the late 2nd, early 3rd IMO.

For a guy with Brent's skills I just don't see it. It may happen, but he's better than Jarret Stoll IMO and Stoll jumped 10 spots when he re-entered. Not saying Brent will do the same, but he's too good too fall out of the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad