Best player without a hart

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
The "best player ever" threads have become redundant. Who does everyone think is the best player to never win a hart trophy?

I'd say it's between StevieY and Doug Harvey. Obviously I choose Harvey. Start throwing out some names.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
The "best player ever" threads have become redundant. Who does everyone think is the best player to never win a hart trophy?

I'd say it's between StevieY and Doug Harvey. Obviously I choose Harvey. Start throwing out some names.
Doug Harvey should be a shoo-in here. Ray Bourque comes to mind, although he should have won it in 1990. Yzerman should have won it in 1989. (Hey, if you can turn Gerard Gallant into a second-team all-star, that's good enough right there). Denis Potvin would be another good choice for the Best-Never-To-Win.

Cyclops II*

Best player with no Hart - Harvey

Best player with no heart - Yashin

Ofuzz

Jul 11, 2006
I know most won't agree, but I think when you retire and only Howe and Gretzky have more goals , assists, and points at the time, then maybe Dionne deserved one. The Kings would have been totally crap without him. M.V.P. = most valuable player to his team.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
How can anybody choose Yzerman here? His best years were in the late 80s to late 90s. The game back then was sooooo inferior. Pejorative Slurs on ice! The top players of today are so much faster and stronger than Yzerman was in his prime.

The obvious answer here is Petr Prucha. If you sent him back to the 1990s, he`d score 500 goals a season.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
How can anybody choose Yzerman here? His best years were in the late 80s to late 90s. The game back then was sooooo inferior. Pejorative Slurs on ice! The top players of today are so much faster and stronger than Yzerman was in his prime.

The obvious answer here is Petr Prucha. If you sent him back to the 1990s, he`d score 500 goals a season.

Probably 600

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Patrick Roy would definitely be up there, amongst names that haven't been mentioned yet.

Yzerman, Bourque and Harvey are obvious choices.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Doug Harvey wins this one. He was a better player than Yzerman. Dionne believe it or not never won a Hart Trophy but won two Pearsons in '79, '80. ALso Sawchuk and Roy, not to mention Bossy never won a Hart. Denis Potvein and off the top of my head I dont think Frank Mahovolich won a Hart.

Forever27

Aug 20, 2005
Like many have said, Yzerman is the first name that comes to my mind. However, it's hard for me to judge guys like Dionne or Harvey who were before my time.

chooch*

Like many have said, Yzerman is the first name that comes to my mind. However, it's hard for me to judge guys like Dionne or Harvey who were before my time.

Yzerman?

Heck, Fedorov WON a Hart.

Dionne was a French Canadian Gretzky. Product of the West.

Clearly Harvey (or Larry or Patrick, maybe Potvin).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad