lars erik sjoberg

lets start with this list for now

here is list 1a

miles zaharko

stu kulak

ulf nielson

dmitri kvartalnov

tony hand

zaharko was apparently amazing with the new west bruins during their 2 mem cups.nielson was a force in the wha,im not sure how many games kvartalnov played in the bigs,tony hand ended up becoming the british wayne gretzky.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Dennis Sobchuk comes to mind. Was the Second Coming with the Regina Pats, chose the Cincinnati Stingers over the NHL in a coup for the WHA, and then after a few very promising seasons faded away for reasons that never seemed entirely clear. Played 35 games in the NHL for Quebec and Detroit.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Chris Kontos played 230 games. He also wasn't that big a deal in the minor leagues, he's under a PPG in both his IHL and AHL careers.

Willie Marshall had 1375 career AHL points with only 33 NHL games. I would guess that playing through your prime during an era of only six NHL teams was a bit of a roadblock for a number of would-be NHL careers.

Last edited:

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Better question is if he could be considered as one of the best players with less than 100 games. I see him as 15 + 15 guy during his prime at the best. Nowhere close to i.e. Jorgen Jonsson quality.

he was only "on his game" for 2-3 games a month, but when he was, he was really talented. I read he had a real tough adjustment to the culture and simply didn't enjoy the game in North America. He was a skilled player though.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
he was only "on his game" for 2-3 games a month, but when he was, he was really talented. I read he had a real tough adjustment to the culture and simply didn't enjoy the game in North America. He was a skilled player though.
He still put together uncomparable better season in NHL than any attempt of Brett Lindros. That was my point.

Pear Juice

Dec 12, 2007
Gothenburg, SWE
Jörgen says that he himself could've probably managed to duke it out for a while longer in the NHL, but the rest of his family were really not able to blend in socially in the US.

From an interview published in May 2000 in Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet:

Quote from his wife Marie-Louise:
"The people in New York were so cold, it was hard to settle. And Jörgen going away so often didn't really help either."

When he was traded to Anaheim the family didn't follow but rather moved home to Sweden. Shortly after Jörgen decided to follow aswell, turning down a contract reportedly worth at least 10MKr (today's value roughly 1.4M$)

"It was due to social matters. I am curious how far I could've gone, but I don't regret the decision at all. I am happy here at home in Karlstad with lots of quality time with my family."

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
There are a few close to a PPG but with only like 36 or less games played. Lalonde was definitely the best player under 100 games played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad