Best player on team Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Who do you think is the best Russian this year?
Datsyuk is probably the best playmaker, and Kovalchuk and Ovechkin are pretty close as the best/flashiest goal scorers. However, AO's game is alot more complete than Kovy's due to the fact he actually plays D, and he hits. This is probably unlikely for any country but I think Ovechkin could be the best player on team russia this year.

KOVALEV10*

Well I dont know who the bet player is but Kovalchuk Ovechkin Malkin Datsyuk and Kovalev are some duo!

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
KOVALEV10 said:
Well I dont know who the bet player is but Kovalchuk Ovechkin Malkin Datsyuk and Kovalev are some duo!

quintet, quintet.

Markov was impressive, the Russian D looks very solid, but again as seems to be the problem with Russian National teams I thought they were lacking chemistry. Also, don't know what street corner they found this guy on, but the Russian coach doesn't seem to know what he is doing at all. Didn't pull the goalie in the final minute, put his 4th line on the PP in a key situation. Ovechkin was all over the ice, but seeemed a bit reluctant to take control of games as he usually does. I wish they would use Kovalchuk on the point on the powerplay, having Markov or Gonchar feed him would be an instant recipe for success.

Marian Gaborik was just fantastic, wow, what burners he has. With Meszaros, Visnovsky and Chara the Slovaks definitely look scary if their goaltending can hold up.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
NashisCash said:
quintet, quintet.

Markov was impressive, the Russian D looks very solid, but again as seems to be the problem with Russian National teams I thought they were lacking chemistry. Also, don't know what street corner they found this guy on, but the Russian coach doesn't seem to know what he is doing at all. Didn't pull the goalie in the final minute, put his 4th line on the PP in a key situation. Ovechkin was all over the ice, but seeemed a bit reluctant to take control of games as he usually does. I wish they would use Kovalchuk on the point on the powerplay, having Markov or Gonchar feed him would be an instant recipe for success.

Marian Gaborik was just fantastic, wow, what burners he has. With Meszaros, Visnovsky and Chara the Slovaks definitely look scary if their goaltending can hold up.

I didn't see the game. Which Markov? :)

NashisCash

Jan 25, 2006
Peterboreough
Berkut said:

yup I meant both, both were quite good. Tyutin was impressive, Kaspar wasn't bad, the only player I wasn't very impressed with was Gonchar. Anyone think the Russians will start another goalie next game? Bryz didn't look too strong out there.

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
NashisCash said:
yup I meant both, both were quite good. Tyutin was impressive, Kaspar wasn't bad, the only player I wasn't very impressed with was Gonchar. Anyone think the Russians will start another goalie next game? Bryz didn't look too strong out there.

I am pretty sure it will be Nabokov vs Sweden

C-J...*

Ovechkin delivered more hits than all the other players on ths ice....combined.

Kovalchuk was´nt helping at all defensively.

Datsyuk was the best Russian, with Afinogenov as a close second.

shawn_kemp*

Afinogenov is always one of the best, but he never scores. That means that he's one of the worst.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
NashisCash said:
quintet, quintet.

They defenitly have one of the best combination of speed and strength on the blueline. But they are not playing good 21th century hockey, lets say the Czech Rep had been on the other side tonight I am 100% sure that Slovaks offensive chances atleast would have been cut in half. First of all, even the Russian forwards backcheck they are not good at counting in the slovaks and sorting things out. Today playing D must include all 5 players on the ice all over the ice. Even if you play offensive hockey. Russia have a big weakness besides there goalie and is that very few forwards are concerned about playing smart D. Had any other team in the tournament played like that they wouldn't have made the quaterfinals. Though Russias forwards are so darn strong so they might have a chance anyway...

I also have a problem with Kovalchuks play on team Russia. He seems more concerned about beeing "the man" then his team winning. :shakehead

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The Albino said:
Good to hear. Montreal fans love Markov (Andrei) and now he gets to shine on the world stage.

Andrei played poorly IMO. Maybe because Russian forwards weren't covering their defensemen in general, but he made one big mistake on opponents blueline leading to a breakaway. Outside one or two accurate long passes he didn't show anything offensively. Again, he was shaky IMO especially when you compare to his Montreal games.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Ovechkin was the best all around, and I was also very impressed with Max Afinogenov, as well as Malkin and Kovalev.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Ovechkins hitting and Afinogenovs skating were the most entertaining things about the russian team today. As for the best player, I'd say that Datsyuk was very good.

Looking at how Sweden, Canada and USA played today, both teams were great. But they were forced to be by having a tough first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->