OT: Best Places To Watch A Jets Game

Noeller

Dec 13, 2007
Oil Country
...outside of the MTSC. ;)

We're making a road trip from Calgary to check out the Bombers/Als game this weekend, and can't wait to experience the electricity of a Jets home game, as well. Tix are a little out of our budget, so we're gonna hit up a pub to watch it and just wondering what the best places in town are for watching Jets games.

4-Play is our first choice, but I've been told that it fills up quick and we'll be hard-pressed to get a seat there. What are the other top spots??

Thanks in advance!

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Broken spoke in transcona is run by my buddys dad. Pretty good place.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
i enjoy watching games at Original Joes of course my sisters boyfriend works there so getting free drinks and shots helps the game day experience!

canadianhobo

Sep 15, 2011
I would say 4play sports bar. They give out a jersey at the end and they have a massive screen. Best pace IMO

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
4-Play is our first choice, but I've been told that it fills up quick and we'll be hard-pressed to get a seat there. What are the other top spots??

You realize they take reservations? Call them up, I doubt they're booked for Saturday.

canadianhobo

Sep 15, 2011
But how busy will it be at the end of the Bomber game? I hear it'll be damn near impossible to get a spot in there for the Jets game.....:help:
Call them up for a reservation. Me and some buddies managed to reserve a whole row on the big screen for a game. Also they have tons of other TVs. Trust me that place is massive it will get crowded but you will be able to find somewhere sweet to find the game.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Go downtown somewhere. There are lots of good places to watch, many of them will clear out a bit when people start going to the game at 4:30 or so. If you get there fast from the Bomber game you'll probably time it right.

There must be 10 places within a block or two of the rink. I'd hit Tavern United, or 4Play. Moxies would be good too but it's not huge and it's in the MTS Centre so it'll be full for sure.

Just be at the MTS Centre somewhere and enjoy the crowd.

If you absolutely can't go downtown just stay around the stadium and try to get in at Boston Pizza or Hooters or something.

Noeller

Dec 13, 2007
Oil Country
Go downtown somewhere. There are lots of good places to watch, many of them will clear out a bit when people start going to the game at 4:30 or so. If you get there fast from the Bomber game you'll probably time it right.

There must be 10 places within a block or two of the rink. I'd hit Tavern United, or 4Play. Moxies would be good too but it's not huge and it's in the MTS Centre so it'll be full for sure.

Just be at the MTS Centre somewhere and enjoy the crowd.

If you absolutely can't go downtown just stay around the stadium and try to get in at Boston Pizza or Hooters or something.
Yeah, we'll definitely get downtown. Really wanna take in the atmosphere around MTSC. It's going to be an awesome night. I'm shocked 4Play would take reservations on a weekend, but yeah, we'll look into that for sure!

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Boston Pizza behind CityPlace is good if you can get a table.

Really, there needs to be more places to watch the game located near the MTS Center.

Teemu VIII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 16, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah, we'll definitely get downtown. Really wanna take in the atmosphere around MTSC. It's going to be an awesome night. I'm shocked 4Play would take reservations on a weekend, but yeah, we'll look into that for sure!

You should try and meet up with me, I want to meet Dave to make sure he actually exists and is not just a robot.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
4-Play had a nice setup. Problems were with the average-to-poor food for the price, and the environment seemed to attract...I'll be honest, a young demographic with not a lot of money to spend. For a place that size to survive, you need to be filled all the time, for dinners, lunches, and everything inbetween your events, by people who want to spend lots of money. Cater to a wider demographic.

Not just 18-21 year olds who come in wearing basketball jerseys, sit for 3 hours to watch the UFC and split pitchers of beer. That's good and all but you can't thrive on that. You need the 18-51 demo.

No offense to UFC watchers or beer drinkers. I enjoy both. :) But you get what I mean.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
In Winnipeg, Luxalune or the Grove are the places my buddies and I frequent. Yellow Dog was one we'd hit up every now and then - great pizza there. Lux had a great crowd, a big screen, and lots of different kinds of beer to try out. Was overall our favourite. I never got to try out too many other places. Never liked 4play personally, not sure why - the staff was always nice & friendly with us, it just didn't click with us. Le Garage is also a great place to go to too as well, with smaller groups. That places is great for Habs vs Jets games.

I feel its also great to go somewhere where you "click" with the atmosphere

So far in Calgary I found going to some standard bar/eatery and requesting the game works. Or streaming from my laptop.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad