Best option for watching games?

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
I don't currently have cable (I get it cut when the hockey season ends, and only ever get it for hockey season and only ever watch hockey).

I asked some friends about the newly introduced GameCenter Live for XBox, but apparently it's similar to Center Ice in that Canucks games will be blacked out for residents of Vancouver.

What's my best option? I have the HDMI cable to HDTV set up from my laptop, so if there's a good, crisp stream available for purchase online I'd want that option.

I've heard about Canucks TV - is the stream clear, HD-quality, and reliable? Do I get every game, including playoffs?

TheCrazedMadman

Aug 31, 2010
Im in a similar situation, so I would like to know as well. I used to try and find free streams on justin.tv (forget which guy hosted them, but he played music/talked about the game during commercials, which was awesome).

I've used SopCast before to get Soccer games, which is INCREDIBLE quality....but havent looked for any hockey streams yet.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
I don't currently have cable (I get it cut when the hockey season ends, and only ever get it for hockey season and only ever watch hockey).

I asked some friends about the newly introduced GameCenter Live for XBox, but apparently it's similar to Center Ice in that Canucks games will be blacked out for residents of Vancouver.

What's my best option? I have the HDMI cable to HDTV set up from my laptop, so if there's a good, crisp stream available for purchase online I'd want that option.

I've heard about Canucks TV - is the stream clear, HD-quality, and reliable? Do I get every game, including playoffs?

I think Gamecenter is your option. The first year it was crap, choppy feeds, always cutting out...but now it's great - and cheap.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
I think for people who only want Canuck games the Canucks TV and CBC is a great and cheap option. Gamecentre as I understand needs a VPN to work properly (to actually watch Canuck games) as they are all blacked out so you need to "trick" it into thinking you aren't in BC

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
I think for people who only want Canuck games the Canucks TV and CBC is a great and cheap option. Gamecentre as I understand needs a VPN to work properly (to actually watch Canuck games) as they are all blacked out so you need to "trick" it into thinking you aren't in BC

Does Canucks TV get pay per view games and playoff games all included in the advertised price?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Does Canucks TV get pay per view games and playoff games all included in the advertised price?

The Canucks TV is for all sportsnet pacifc and sportsnet vancouver hockey/sportsnet one games.
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=64206
(pay per view was replaced with sportsnet one/vancouver hockey)
The stream quality is pretty darn good (if you have good internet). If you don't have the best internet connection, you can choose to lower the stream quality.
You can also go back and watch previous games that you paid for. And you can pause and rewind live games.

CBC usually gets all the Canucks playoff games. CBC streams all their games online for free, but the quality isn't the best.

gwflog

Jan 10, 2013
watching nhl

here we go... try wysiwyg live sports. choose live sports
go to hockey...choose the game...and choose a flash player...good luck//

feeds come from europe but can be exceptional quality...for free

May 31, 2006
During game time search "Canucks stream" on Twitter. You'll find several ones and just choose the one with best quality.

That's what I usually do.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
For playoff games, could you possibly buy a HD antenna and get CBC for free? Is CBC available in HD via an antenna? just wondering. I think cbc usually does our playoff games. I usually just get some crappy stream for regular season if i don't have cable available.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
During game time search "Canucks stream" on Twitter. You'll find several ones and just choose the one with best quality.

That's what I usually do.

The problem with that is the feed is choppy, often cuts out, and is blurry. At times it's hard to see where the puck is. If I want to have people over to watch the game this is totally unacceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad