Best offensive defenseman

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Scott Harrington :sarcasm: Seriously I think it will be Ryan Murphy.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
It's gotta be Hamilton. He had 6 points in 6 games in the WJC last year. Other guys that should be up there include Jones, Ristolainen, and Murphy. A couple guys that people don't know much about but could surprise include Wikstrand(somebody has to be the Swedish PPQB with Brodin and Klefbom out), and Nesterov.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I think the answer is Dougie Hamilton.

That said, Trouba may open some eyes with his offensive capabilities especially his BOMB of a shot on the power play.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Morgan Reilly is playing on the PP and top pairing minutes. He could rack up the points. If not, probably Jones depending on who he is paired up with.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Morgan Rielly, Dougie Hamilton, Jacob Trouba, Seth Jones.

I'll put my money on Jacob Trouba being this years big surprise.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Morgan Rielly, Dougie Hamilton, Jacob Trouba, Seth Jones.

I'll put my money on Jacob Trouba being this years big surprise.

Not sure how a defenseman who played last year, before he was even drafted, and was one of the top defenseman on his team, is supposed to be a surprise.

He is a top ten pick who I feel should have probably gone a few spots higher. He was one of the only standouts last year on a putrid showing by USA. I would only be surprised if he showed up and played poorly.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Not sure how a defenseman who played last year, before he was even drafted, and was one of the top defenseman on his team, is supposed to be a surprise.

He is a top ten pick who I feel should have probably gone a few spots higher. He was one of the only standouts last year on a putrid showing by USA. I would only be surprised if he showed up and played poorly.

Maybe the word "surprise" was poorly used, I don't mean that people will suddenly realize he exists, or that he's talented.

I meant "surprise" in the sense that the majority are expecting Morgan Rielly, Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Murphy, and Seth Jones to blow him away offensively, and I think he'll look just as good as any of these other guys. (Note: Just as good doesn't mean equal statistically, as I fully expect Morgan Rielly and Dougie Hamilton to blow every other defender, and most forwards not on Team Canada out of the water in points, however I expect his play will be exceptional)

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
This year or next could see some great offensive defensemen numbers since the last draft was so full of high D picks. However, the last lockout in 2005 didn't exactly break any individual scoring records for D or forwards. More polished high end players mean lower scoring games as they make less mistakes that lead to great scoring chances. It should be great hockey though.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I think Dougie Hamilton. He's going to be relied upon to play big minutes and with big minutes comes production with him. He's a stud of a defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad