Best Off Ice Puck for Shooting

mofosho1992

Mar 23, 2018
Hey guys, I'm thinking about investing in a shooting board (or a homemade one from Home Depot) to work on my shot at home. I was wondering what kind of puck people practice with when working on their shooting off-ice. Do you use regular pucks? The Green Biscuit? Something else?

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
I use the Green Biscuit Snipe, heavy pucks, light pucks, and a bunch of regular pucks. Practising with pucks of different weights helps you develop better puck feel.

mofosho1992

Mar 23, 2018
I use the Green Biscuit Snipe, heavy pucks, light pucks, and a bunch of regular pucks. Practising with pucks of different weights helps you develop better puck feel.

Awesome, thanks! I picked up the Green Biscuit/Snipe combo pack, along with a weighted puck and a few regular ones. I had heard people have had problems with the Green Biscuit Snipe breaking. Have you had that issue?

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Awesome, thanks! I picked up the Green Biscuit/Snipe combo pack, along with a weighted puck and a few regular ones. I had heard people have had problems with the Green Biscuit Snipe breaking. Have you had that issue?

I haven't had an issue with the Green Buscuit. Unless it's defective or you're completely abusing it, it should hold up pretty well.

Here's a video of someone deliberately trying to break one. It takes quite a pounding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad