Best of the West results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
From Article said:
No fans, no media, no scouts.The Best of the West voting is done by the insiders -- players, management and broadcasters from the 10 clubs in the Western Conference of the Western Hockey League.

http://www.sportstricities.com/sportstc/hockey/americans/story/7465923p-7376255c.html

Full lists of awards are in the article but Some awards :

Most valuable to team - Carey Price [55.4%]
Best goaltender - Carey Price [77.4%]
Best stay-at-home defenseman - Mark Fistric [74.7%]
Top rookie - Peter Mueller [88.9%]

Best pro prospect (full list) - Carey Price [73.9%]
- Peter Mueller - [41.9%]
- Blake Comeau - [38.8%]
- Gilbert Brule - [38.4%]
- Devan Dubnyk - [22.9%]
- Mark Fistric - [17.1%]
- Logan Stephenson - [8.6%]

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Very interesting.

Note that this is for the following teams: the British Columbia Division (Kamloops Blazers, Kelowna Rockets, Kootenay Ice, Prince George Cougars and Vancouver Giants) and the United States Division (Everett Silvertips, Portland Winter Hawks, Seattle Thunderbirds, Spokane Chiefs and Tri-City Americans).

Habs fans will be happy about this.

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
Goldthorpe said:
Note that Price has also ended up second in the "most overated" cathegory.

Maybe but Fistric is there too while having the same recognition by a wide margin in being the best d-man as well.....But I prefer his pourcentage in best pro prospect, more valuable and best goalie than the one in most overrated.

Though most of the past winners in every category still didn't make the greatest impression as of now, Price pure talent and dedication are 2 great qualities in a future great goalie. We will have to wait and see....We're not the best organization for development, I hope Rollie takes a closer look at Carey in the upcoming years.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Price looked pretty good in preseason camp for us. He maybe needs to improve on quickness, but he looked solid fundamentally and has very good size. He's an NHLer for sure, but whether he's a #1 or not, who knows? He seems to have the attitude. He's no lamb to the slaughter like Garon. He's a bit of a cocky guy, which could partially explain him being in the overrated category. Hopefully he's not a difficult guy to coach tho.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
No need to turn this into a Carey Price thread, but one thing he really needs to improve is his consistancy. This year Carey often had 3 or 4 very solid starts only to give up 5-6 goals in the following 2 games. That's another reason - aside from his attitude - that could have kept him from getting the #1 spot on Team Canada.

As for the poll, I was surprised to see him get votes for both the MVP title and most overrated player. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
FINALLY some recognition for the fifth overall, Price has the same qualities that Luongo had in juniors, he's big, really fast glove, good with the puck, covers angles very well,rarely gives juicy rebounds... his only problem this year is his consistancy just like Kyle Chipchura(poster) said, but Melançon went to Try-City for a couple of months to work with him and i think that sooner or later that'l just be a problem in the past

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Wow, is Blake Comeau overrated. They think he's a better pro prospect than Brule? Wow. I figured guys like him and Dustin Boyd would get overrated because of the World Juniors, but I never thought it'd be by this much.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Marcel the great! said:
FINALLY some recognition for the fifth overall, Price has the same qualities that Luongo had in juniors, he's big, really fast glove, good with the puck, covers angles very well,rarely gives juicy rebounds... his only problem this year is his consistancy just like Kyle Chipchura(poster) said, but Melançon went to Try-City for a couple of months to work with him and i think that sooner or later that'l just be a problem in the past

I would like to see him in front of a good team because Tri-City really sucks...maybe his consistancy wouldn't be a problem...who knows :dunno:

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
Wow, is Blake Comeau overrated. They think he's a better pro prospect than Brule? Wow. I figured guys like him and Dustin Boyd would get overrated because of the World Juniors, but I never thought it'd be by this much.
In a few years you will see how good he can be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->