Prospect Info: Best NHL Draft Guide/Book Available

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I didn't really know where to throw this question, so I figured this could work. I study the draft every year, but I prefer print copies of the material. I know a lot of available guides out there (the big black book, THN, etc), but do any of you prospect gurus have a guide or book you look forward to every year? Even if it's a PDF, I'm interested. Thanks.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Just checked out their demo 2015 PDF. Excellent analysis. How many pages is this usually and how much?
$50 I think. 30ish pages I think.

Their chief scout's personality really shines through in the writing. That can be good and bad. Overall, I'm happy with them. The more perspectives you can get, the better.

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
As previously mentioned, Red Line Report is great.

I've also ordered The Draft Analyst's draft report in the past and it was excellent - Steve does a great job evaluating European talent that usually get underappreciated/under-scouted.

Those are the only two I have first hand experience with but I don't think you could go wrong with either.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
HockeyProspect and their Black Book for details/game reports
I've found Future Considerations to be really good value. They can hit and miss with their evals (although who isn't?) but the layout is good, it's easy to read (and search through pdf) and pretty cheap

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Not to shill too hard but the platinum package gives you their whole back catalog too. I forget what kind of deal I got it for but I know I figured, eh, I'm already gonna spend like $50 to hear what people think about 6th rounders, might as well pay the extra to hear what they thought about 6th rounders in 2015.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Not to shill too hard but the platinum package gives you their whole back catalog too. I forget what kind of deal I got it for but I know I figured, eh, I'm already gonna spend like $50 to hear what people think about 6th rounders, might as well pay the extra to hear what they thought about 6th rounders in 2015.
You have a link, my friend?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad