Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
1. Holtby's save
2. Kuzy series clincher against the Pens
3. Eller Cup clinching goal
4. DSP goal in game 6 vs Tampa
5. Vrana goal game 5 vs Pitt

Ovi goal game 3 in the finals, Backstrom OT goal game 5 CBJ, Eller game 3 OT goal to save the season... what else?
Ovi/Burks goals in Tampa game 7. DSP's tying goal last night. Gonna have to make an actual list

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
In terms of hockey plays:

1. DSP's GTG last night
2. The Save
3. Eller's GWG last night
4. Kuzy's goal to beat the Penguins
5. Ovie's goal in Game 7 against Tampa

In terms of highlights it's the look on Ovie's face after the game ended. I've never seen so much joy on a person's face. And then of course when he raised the Cup.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Too many great moments for 1 best. One notable, non-best moment was when we lost Game 1 against the Pens. We gave up those 3 goals at the start of the 3rd, and it looked like we were on the way to writing another chapter in the 2nd round heartbreak saga. But even though we lost the game, I felt like they didn't panic, or play with fear or self-pity - as past teams did when they faced really bad moments like that. So I oddly didn't feel as wrecked by blowing a 2 goal lead to our arch rival in the 3rd as you'd expect, because even though we'd seen that scenario before, they seemed to be dealing with that situation in a markedly different way. And in a way, that game sort of set them up for coming back in the 3rd in Game 5 - the same kind of we're facing this shit, not running from it mentality.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The save
Kuzys game 6 OT clincher against the Pens
Ellers 2OT triple deflection
DSPs goal last night
Burkys breakaways to best the Lightning
Backstrom yelling “f*** this league”
Every video and .gif of the celebrations on the ice last night
Repeatedly coming back from series deficits
Beating the Penguins, Girardi/McDonagh/Callahan, Fleury, and McPhee all in the same run.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Boobs on the glass is quickly rising up the ranks.

This is the kind of run Caps fans could only dream of. The Save is my biggest memory though. Now that they have closed the deal, that is a truly historic moment in NHL history.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I've never yelled after a goal louder than I did for three goals during the run: Ovechkin's GWG in Game 3 vs PIT, Kuznetsov's OT goal in Game 6, and Ovechkin's goal in Game 7 vs TBL. Eller's OT goal was obviously huge in hindsight but at the time I was pretty disillusioned with the team because I had zero hope.

Also, is it weird that Game 7 vs TBL was way more nervewracking and intense to me than any Finals game? I felt strangely calm for pretty much the entirety of the Vegas series until about 10 min left of Game 5, which was when I finally became a nervous wreck.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The Save and Kuzy in OT G6 are a clear 1 and 2 for me. I favor Kuzy's goal because it was a series clencher against the hated Pens.

There's a big gap between those and the rest. Vrana's goal was huge, as were DSP's and Burky's in round 3.

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
Not sure but I think I yelled the loudest about just about every Smith-Pelly goal. I'm going with every Smith-Pelly goal.

No, wait, there are too many--I'm already thinking of five other things I might have yelled louder about.

Someone needs to put all the good moments in one really good highlight video. Hopefully that's what the NHL championship DVD is about that they forced me to buy last night. I've never actually seen such a DVD, so I have no idea, but I guess I'm about to find out.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
In terms of hockey plays:

1. DSP's GTG last night
2. The Save
3. Eller's GWG last night
4. Kuzy's goal to beat the Penguins
5. Ovie's goal in Game 7 against Tampa

In terms of highlights it's the look on Ovie's face after the game ended. I've never seen so much joy on a person's face. And then of course when he raised the Cup.

Well said, 2nded...

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
1) Holtby starting Game 3.
2) “F$&? this league!”
3) Wilson fight.
4) Oshie nose-breaking Miller followed by goal in Game 4
5) Kucherov cheating then Caps scoring with 7s left in Game 1

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Adding a few more:

Ovechkin game winner against Pittsburgh (set up by Backstrom)
Ovechkin setting up Vrana's game winner against Pittsburgh
Ovechkin setting up Kuznetsov's game winner against Pittsburgh
Walker setting up Chiasson's game winner against Pittsburgh
Ovechkin obliterating Victor Hedman
Orpik laying the wood in game 6 against the Lightning
Oshie skate to stick goal in game 4. DSP copy cat goal a bit later.
Ovechkin hoisting the cup obviously. Epic cup hoisting. All class.
Ovechkin handing the cup to Backstrom and Backstrom screaming in Ovechkin's face "f***in RIIGHT!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->