PensFanKenneth

Jun 12, 2018
upload_2018-6-16_13-26-32.jpeg

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Maybe a cool thread idea - what is the greatest moment in Pens history? Has to be a specific moment.

Reactions: TNT87

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lemieux's comeback goal or the Lemieux goal against the North Stars. Kunitz's goal doesn't even crack the top-5 best moments.

Oh definitely not. I would say Mario is technically part of two top 5 moments.

1) North Star goal.. might honestly be the greatest Penguins moment of all time.

2) Blackhawks comeback game SCF where he scored from the weak side point.

Reactions: ncm7772 and TNT87

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
If you want to be technical, I'd say it would be the drafting of Mario. All the effects that trickled down from that day have made us who we are. Winning the 2 Cups, creating generations of Pens fans, coming out of retirement, saving the franchise multiple times, recruiting Burkle, getting the arena deal, putting all possible resources into building a winner, adding 3 more Cups. It all branches back to that day.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Lemieux's comeback goal or the Lemieux goal against the North Stars. Kunitz's goal doesn't even crack the top-5 best moments.
best that I've witnessed might not actually even come during a game, it may be Mario announcing that the team was staying in Pittsburgh. I was in college and we were running around the damn dorms like some lunatics.

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
Hoesntly I agree that kunitz goal wasn't the best in history, but Jesus how crazy did we all go when that happened. Us penguins fans knew we could back to back and kunitzs goal allowed that to happen. I loved that goal and what greatness it led us to.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad