Best MMA Podcast?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I used to really like some of Sherdog's podcasts, but since they don't do as much anymore I generally just listen to the Sirius shows instead.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The MMA Hour with Luke Thomas
You're Welcome with Chael Sonnen
Ariel Helwani's MMA Show (typically 3-4 hours long)
The MMA Beat
FIve Rounds with Brett Okamoto
MMA Junkie Radio
Below the Belt with Brandon Schaub

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Bringing this post back up, curious what people are listening to. I'm moving on from Sirius and looking to add a couple new MMA pods.

Basically what I want is a show that previews the weekend cards, breaks down the card that just happened, and then other news mixed in.

I don't care about interviews at all - the less the better.

So far I'm intrigued by MMA Fighting's feed. Any other recommendations?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Morning Kombat

I’ll occasionally watch what Dan Hardy puts out

I’ll watch the DC and Ariel clips

then I watch rogan when he has a fighter on

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
About the first 75% of Morning Kombat on Mondays and then Luke Thomas's Live Chats on Friday or when he does them immediately after big fights are about all I listen to on a regular basis. I'll listen to Rogan's MMA shows depending on the guest. I'll listen to Dan Hardy's pre-fight breakdowns for some of the really big fights. I think he calls it War Room or something? I'll occasionally check out Big John and Thompson's. Usually only for the really big cards or if something happened that weekend that I think Big John could shed some light on. Other than that, I watch some of the news roundup stuff like MMA World on Youtube to get a sense of what everyone else is talking about.

I find Chael insufferable anymore. He creates a straw man that nobody is suggesting and then argues against it for 15 min. Schaub clearly hasn't thought anything about MMA until his sidekick brings it up. Ariel is too many interviews. The Youtube roundup stuff usually covers the important points from his shows anyway. I love Anik as the play-by-play guy on the broadcasts, but his show with Florian is too company line for me. Again, the important points are covered by the roundups. Can't stand Serra and I'm pretty sure Jim Norton knows less about what's going on in MMA than I do. I'm not even sure I ever listened to their show, but I even skip the roundup stuff when they use their clips. I just find Jimmy Smith boring. Bisping is alright, but once I again, I feel like the roundup shows cover the important points from his show.

Not sure what else is really out there. If there is more independent stuff that is not so much interviews like Luke Thomas's Youtube stuff, I might be interested, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad