Best managers of all time

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I had a conversation with one of my buddies the other day about who we think the best manager is right now. And it got me thinking who's considered the best manager of all time? SAF? Stein? Trappatoni? Discuss!

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
It's easy to look good when you have the biggest budget in the world.
A great manager for me must have done it for club and country and must have brought something new to the game and must have done it also with "small" clubs. That's why guys like Ferguson should never be close to that list. Michels won uefa coach of the century in 1999 and he would still be top right now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
A great manager for me must have done it for club and country and must have brought something new to the game and must have done it also with "small" clubs. That's why guys like Ferguson should never be close to that list. Michels won uefa coach of the century in 1999 and he would still be top right now.

That's not true at all. Even with a big budget you still have to spend that money correctly. Also when SAF was managing in Scotland he managed the first team other than Rangers or Celtic in the last 15 years(at the time) to a title. Also the fact that Moyes had the same team that SAF won the title with the year before says a lot as well, considering it was a declining team, and relatively average one as well.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

lol dumb outlook and ignorant of Ferguson's achievements at Aberdeen and where United were when he arrived.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
lol dumb outlook and ignorant of Ferguson's achievements at Aberdeen and where United were when he arrived.

Absolutely, Fergie is actually kind of lucky he didn't get fired at the beginning of his United career. And yeah what he did at Aberdeen was incredible no doubt.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Ferguson existed before 1986, m8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad