Best Manager Pool 17/18

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Ancelotti is leading this poll? I expected Conte from recency bias if anything, and I would have been far more ok with that.

I really can't think of any perspective from which Ancelotti is superior to Guardiola: short term success, long term success and trophies, and least of all how he transforms the team he is managing. Bayern declined noticeably last year, and he has had some more iffy tenures as manager than Guardiola.

Yeah, very similar thoughts here. I like Carlo, but nothing I've seen from his actual work rather than his CL trophy case makes me think that he's the best. I'd take Pep over him every day.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Based on success and overall pedigree it should be Ancelotti. But at this moment I understand those who vote for Zidane.

Conte and Simeone are up there in the top 5. I also like Klopp's style as a coach.

I despsise Mourinho, overrated and arrogant.

Conte is my personal favorite, although my knock on him is when he dislikes a player for whatever reason, he treats him like garbage.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't think Ancelotti is that far fetched compared to Guardiola. Ancelotti's Chelsea (at least for a time) > Guardiola's City.

It is likely that Ancelotti scores some points by being a likable guy I guess. Guardiola is a bit of an "!%"# sometimes (even if there are far worse managers than him in my opinion).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ancelotti can be considered superior to Barcelona (I do myself) because he proved he could be winning CLs with different teams. Guardiola is a Barca man. Heck, he's a Messi man.
Until he proves otherwise.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Ancelotti can be considered superior to Barcelona (I do myself) because he proved he could be winning CLs with different teams. Guardiola is a Barca man. Heck, he's a Messi man.
Until he proves otherwise.

If United plays like this the rest of the year or even just against bad teams, I'd probably prefer Mourinho to Ancelotti from this same perspective.

Winning with mid-00's Milan and this batch of Madrid players is hardly more impressive than winning with just Barca. They were the best teams as well. And I know you've lampooned his PSG tenure before. Pep never had a stinker like that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Maybe we can agree on something.

Yes, I've never been fully convinced by Guardiola. He's gone from league giant to league giant, spending a ton of money, and the only overwhelming success he's had was with one of the greatest teams of all time. Not that he didn't do well with it, but still. I know a lot of people consider his tenure in Bayern to be a success but he took over a team that had just won the treble (decimating Barcelona along the way) and had been in the final 3 times in 4 years and never even made a CL final.

Verdict is still out but so far Guardiola's City is not looking any better than Ancelotti's PSG.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ancelotti is leading this poll? I expected Conte from recency bias if anything, and I would have been far more ok with that.

I really can't think of any perspective from which Ancelotti is superior to Guardiola: short term success, long term success and trophies, and least of all how he transforms the team he is managing. Bayern declined noticeably last year, and he has had some more iffy tenures as manager than Guardiola.

Add Tuchel. Wenger is far from a consensus top 10 manager too. Come on. Eddie Howe too lmao.

I think it's interesting because how close everything is. There isn't a runaway winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad