Best Line in Team History

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The trio in my profile pic. I haven't been around as long as some of my fellow LK fans but I'm pretty sure everyone would have them #1.

Puckit97

Apr 8, 2017
The trio in my profile pic. I haven't been around as long as some of my fellow LK fans but I'm pretty sure everyone would have them #1.

That line was unstoppable. I remember those three making Erie look like pylons in the playoffs

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Back in my Oshawa days it was Tanti, Lamoroux and Andreychuk.

I agree with Sirius for the Ottawa line. Although, the Locke, Foy and Sheppard line was a pretty sweet recent line with something like 150 goals.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Easy for Hamilton Thomas, Saigeon, Strome

If we are talking entire franchise history then you have some Bulls lines that create a debate.

Renzi - Stajan - Robinson --> The wingers finished 1&2 in league scoring with Stajan stirring the drink

Ready - Papineau - Cheechoo --> everyone knows what the latter was able to do in a couple big NHL years, but man Papineau really was the guy. Unfortunately he ran into injury problems during his junior career (some bad knee on knee hits) but his peak was about as impressive as it gets (51 points in a 21 game playoff run). Ready was a great two way force and captain.

? - Spezza - ? I can't say for sure who Spezza played with( I believe it was Cody McCormick and Adam Paiement) but he was so completely dominant by the time he was dealt to Belleville to finish his OHL career that any line he was on would have to factor into the conversation.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Hard to say if Owen Sound had one particular line in team history through the 1989-00 Platers or Attack 2000-present.

Probably the Andrew Brunette year of 1993 was the most successful year before the 2011 championship season.

Brunette still holds the most points amassed in franchise history with 162 points in only 66 games which has yet to be broken by any current franchise player in Owen Sound's nearly 30 year history.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Kitchener: Jeff Larmer, Grant Martin and Brian Bellows but a close second would be any line with John Tucker.

Most fun line to watch..Louie Crawford, Mike Moyer and Robbie Nichols.

Best line I've seen was on the Toronto Marlie team with Billy Harris, Dave Gardner and Steve Shutt,

Last edited:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
In recent years for Erie I'd argue Fox-McDavid-Brown was better simply because of McDavid. Or Elie-McDavid-DeBrincat in the 2015 playoffs.

The Tkachuk-Dvorak-Marner line in the 2016 playoffs is the most dominant line I have ever seen and maybe one of the best in OHL history.

Reactions: Finster8

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Goldobin - Sarrault - Boucher line in 2012/2013 was a force. 271 points between the 3 and they didn't even start playing as a line until after Christmas once Galchenyuk was gone.

Puckit97

Apr 8, 2017
In recent years for Erie I'd argue Fox-McDavid-Brown was better simply because of McDavid. Or Elie-McDavid-DeBrincat in the 2015 playoffs.

The Tkachuk-Dvorak-Marner line in the 2016 playoffs is the most dominant line I have ever seen and maybe one of the best in OHL history.

I guess the difference maker for me is the championship. No doubt those two lines were great as well but put Mcdavid on any line and the argument could be made because of him alone.
I also thought maybe Cullen-Boyes-Pecker but I think any of the mentioned lines were better.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I guess the difference maker for me is the championship. No doubt those two lines were great as well but put Mcdavid on any line and the argument could be made because of him alone.
I also thought maybe Cullen-Boyes-Pecker but I think any of the mentioned lines were better.

Fair enough. I just think that the championship was a result of two great lines (DeBrincat-Strome-Raddysh, Maksimovich-Cirelli-Foegle) whereas the Fox-McDavid-Brown line kind of carried the team (outside of Burakovsky). I also remember Knoblauch switching up the lines fairly often, using Foegele-Strome-DeBrincat, Maksimovich-Cirelli-Raddysh frequently.

Puckit97

Apr 8, 2017
Fair enough. I just think that the championship was a result of two great lines (DeBrincat-Strome-Raddysh, Maksimovich-Cirelli-Foegle) whereas the Fox-McDavid-Brown line kind of carried the team (outside of Burakovsky). I also remember Knoblauch switching up the lines fairly often, using Foegele-Strome-DeBrincat, Maksimovich-Cirelli-Raddysh frequently.

That is also a good point as it is a difficult task for a one line team to make it/win a championship. I guess Im happy we can have this conversation with where the franchise was before McDavid.

Puckit97

Apr 8, 2017
Goldobin - Sarrault - Boucher line in 2012/2013 was a force. 271 points between the 3 and they didn't even start playing as a line until after Christmas once Galchenyuk was gone.

I remember checking the score sheet and seemingly Boucher scored every night.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
For me in Windsor has to be Hall-Henrique-Nemisz . 2009 - 2010 Hall had 40 goals, Henrique had 38 and Nemisz had 34. They them combined for 41 goals in the 2010 playoffs . They only played 19 playoff games so they were playing at more then a 2 goals a game pace. Nemisz was hurt so he actually only had 2 of those goals which makes it more impressive for Hall and Henrique. Numbers were good in 2008 - 2009 as well. Nemisz was the benefactor of being on that line as he was moved in and out with Mitchell.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
It's hard to choose on a team with such a large proportion of the OHL's all time greats, but John Goodwin, Tony Butorac, and Steve Gatzos on the 80-81 Greyhounds combined for 184 goals and 409 points.

I wasn't around in 74-75 and don't know the lines (hopefully an older fan can fill me in), but Jack Valiquette and Charlie Simmer combined for well over 100 goals that year, with the latter going on to form perhaps the most famous line in NHL history.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I remember once during the very 1st preseason game of that season, and I can only remember it so clearly because it was the last time 2 of the players played in the OHL but the Rangers iced a line of 50 goal scorer Jeff Skinner, 47 goal scorer Jeremy Morin and soon to be 2nd overall pick Gabe Landeskog.

That could have likely been the best line the team would ever see but Morin graduated to the A, Skinner the N.

I've only been following the OHL since early 2000's and for me the knights top line in 04-05, another that stood out was the tenute line in sarnia in 02-03.

Reactions: Finster8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad