Best line for each team so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
They don't have to play together, simply the best 3 forwards, 2 defenders and goalie for each team now before the semi's.

Should be interesting to look back when the dream team is presented.

Sweden

Paajarvi - Hjalmarsson - Lasu

Erik Karlsson - Nichlas Torp

Markstrom (duh)​

Keep in mind, I haven't chosen the biggest stars, but the players that have performed the best so far.

Dissapointments in team Sweden

Moller & Hedman. Moller has been good, but I expect him to be great.
Hedman should be able to dominate, but as it stands now if you look only at this tourny and how the defenders have performed, he's like 3:rd or even 4:th on the depth chart. If we want to win against USA, he needs to step his game up.

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
For Finland:

The Barely Legal-line
Rajala - Nättinen - Granlund (they actually played together)

And for D:
Niemi - (And if I absolutely have to choose another one..then) Järvinen

Goalies were quite even.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Boychuck - Tavares - Hodgson

Hickey - Ellis

Tokarski

lovethelight

Jun 3, 2008
Sweden
Hedman is playing really good for the role has placed on him as the more defensive in his pairing(s)...
He's played with Erik Karlsson and David Rundblad ....
Most people on here knows how offensive Karlsson is and Rundblad is pretty much the same...

That's Hedman's style too really, and here in Modo he plays with Timander who's defensive, so it's different role for him to play.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Hedman is playing really good for the role has placed on him as the more defensive in his pairing(s)...
He's played with Erik Karlsson and David Rundblad ....
Most people on here knows how offensive Karlsson is and Rundblad is pretty much the same...

That's Hedman's style too really, and here in Modo he plays with Timander who's defensive, so it's different role for him to play.

And?

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Boychuck - Tavares - Hodgson

Hasn't it been Boychuk-Hodgson-Eberle for most of the tournament? They've got my vote.

Tavares has been playing with an assortment of players... I think he's only played with Hodgson sparingly and on the powerplay.

edit: Never mind, I didn't read the original post.

lovethelight

Jun 3, 2008
Sweden

And, he can't really play his game the way he's used too? Of course, if you have a different opinion, just say so. :) And yeah, I posted that based on the comments by the threadmaker on Hedman. Just saying that there's a reason... and yeah, I love both Karlsson and Rundblad, but they're both extremely offensive.

I agree with Nordic's line though, it has been the best. :)

Last edited:

Complaining Customer

Aug 23, 2005
For Canada IMO:

Benn - Hodgson - Tavares
Subban - Ellis
Pickard

(Benn has been under-played by Quinn but still managed to do real good)

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
No love for Eberle again. Dam

Anyways heres mine

Erberle Tavares Hodgson

Hickey Subban
Tokarski

The 3 forwards play 1st pp together and are pretty much unstoppable. Top 3 point getters for Canada in the tournament. Switch Eberle and Boychuk if you want.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Subban needs to change his name.

And his defensive partner has the same name as when someone sucks on your neck and leaves a mark:sarcasm:

Subban left a hickey:laugh:

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Eberle and Boychuk have both been great, and it's hard to choose between those two, after the top 2 of Tavares and Hodgson.

Hickey hasn't impressed me much with his play yet, while Subban and Ellis have been quite good.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
And, he can't really play his game the way he's used too? Of course, if you have a different opinion, just say so. :) And yeah, I posted that based on the comments by the threadmaker on Hedman. Just saying that there's a reason... and yeah, I love both Karlsson and Rundblad, but they're both extremely offensive.

I agree with Nordic's line though, it has been the best. :)

Point is even if he has done a good job he hasn't played at the level we are used to seeing him. I don't think it has much to do with who he's paired with, I think he is injured.

The Polak*

Eberle-Tavares-Hodgson always makes something happen on the PP

Subban-Hickey

Tokarski

sleeper cab

Oct 28, 2008
eberle-tavares hodgson

ellis subban

tokarski

cant complain with our first pp unit at this point

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
The more defensive role could benefit Hedman in the long run. The team that drafts him is going to look for him to be a two-way guy who can shut down opposing top forwards, not just contribute on offense.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
The best line for Slovakia has been the "kid" line: Tomas Tatar (just turned 18)-Marek Viedensky (18)-Richard Panik (17).

Everyone knew Panik was a great prospect, but Tatar has been amazing.

The Big Swede*

If were talking 5 on 5 its

Eberle-Hodgson-Boychuk

Aulie-Myers

If were talking best line offensively

Eberle-Tavares-Hodgson
Subban-Ellis

Tokarski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events