Best left handed fight (left's only)

connellc

Dec 2, 2010
Since 1/9 people are lefties, it's pretty rare to see two left handed fighters duking it out on skates. What's worse is that if two southpaws are accustomed to fighting righties, they would suddenly be put in a very unfamiliar situation fighting another lefty. How many great southpaw fights have there been? I'm talking about two southpaws fighting each other.

Jay Miller vs. Dave Brown

Laraque vs Brashear

Simon vs Brashear

Domi vs Brashear

Simon Vs Domi

Can anyone think of anymore good ones from the past?

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Since 1/9 people are lefties, it's pretty rare to see two left handed fighters duking it out on skates. What's worse is that if two southpaws are accustomed to fighting righties, they would suddenly be put in a very unfamiliar situation fighting another lefty. How many great southpaw fights have there been? I'm talking about two southpaws fighting each other.

Laraque vs Brashear

Simon vs Brashear

Domi vs Brashear

Simon Vs Domi

Tough to find a couple lefties...

Not an all-time great fight or anything, but a pretty solid tilt.

TheFan2729

Aug 25, 2011
These are some great fights for Lefty vs Lefty! I noticed NHL's best left handed fighter of all time, Mike Peluso, missed this short list.

cujoflutie

Laraque vs Brashear

Simon vs Brashear

Domi vs Brashear

Simon Vs Domi

If you want to go back to the 70's wayne cashman was the lefty heavyweight from that era. I can tell you being a lefty myself how it effects you;
lefty vs righty; lefties have the advantage for a few reasons. First off righties aren't used to seeing punches come from the left side and in these battles, positioning is huge. Since both fighters are throwing punches from the same side (since they'd be opposite each other), it's important to try and be the one throwing the inside jabs. Lefties are used to this righties are not. Also before the fight when they are circling, a lefty would circle/backup counter clockwise and also put a player in the spin cycle the same direction. So if you ever see the spin cycle going in a lefty vs righty fight, you can determine who is initiating/controlling the spin cycle; if it's going counter clockwise it's the lefty, clickwise would be the righty.
lefty vs lefty; easy to get punches in. Both are probably used to fighting righties. These can make for better fights since this would be a rare time a lefty does not need to battle for positioning.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
Terry O'Reilly was a pretty fair southpaw slugger but I can't think of a time when he squared off with another prominent lefty. I'm sure it must've happened though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad