Best inline skates under $200 ?

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by Waltah*, Mar 23, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Waltah*

Waltah* Guest

Hey folks, i could only afford base model entry level skates when i started a few months ago and im paying for it now. even after breaking in my mission bsx's (old 2009 models) they are so uncomfortable. They are the proper size and fit well, just terribly uncomfortable. Im assuming I got what I paid for.

Anyhow, what skate is going to give me the best bang for my buck under $200? Comfort and lightweight are +1. Also, i will only be using these indoor (sport court).

what im looking at so far: mission CSX, bauer RX20's, mission axiom A5,

whats going to give me the best bang for my buck? ill be going to try on a few on friday.

2. apteno

apteno Registered User

Roller hockey monkey had like $500 mission Lieutenants's for $170, thats really getting some bang for your buck, as long as you know your size in the older missions before bauer bought them

3. Waltah*

Waltah* Guest

I'll check that out. If those are the white ones... I think a guy in our league got them on sale. My only issue is that they are a bit too flashy. But that's a major deal

4. Waltah*

Waltah* Guest

5. Waltah*

Waltah* Guest

Reading reviews on those.... Tons of bad reviews for comfort. So those are definitely out

6. Gman094

Gman094 Registered User

I got the mission axiom t6's for 199. I'm enjoying them so far.

7. Waltah*

Waltah* Guest

T6's look sick. Might be too expensive with shipping though.

8. ShawnTHW

ShawnTHW @ShawnTHW

I love Tour's, but I might go back to Mission's.

9. Waltah*

Waltah* Guest

why do you love tours? just curious. i see them in my range but they are ugly. could care less if they are ugly so long as they are good skates. just didnt look at them yet.

10. Waltah*

Waltah* Guest

why do you love tours? just curious. i see them in my range but they are ugly. could care less if they are ugly so long as they are good skates. just didnt look at them yet.

11. Rush22*

Rush22* Guest

Tour only makes good high end skates... there lower end skates are terrible products. The T6 skates are your best bet unless you shop around for a marked down previous year model skates.

The Mission Assassin SE are only $20 above your price limit on Hockey Monkey. I have a pair of those to use as my outdoor/street hockey skates and they are great.

12. ShawnTHW

ShawnTHW @ShawnTHW

Im a huge fan of comfort and I find Tours to be the most comfortable skate on the market.

13. apteno

apteno Registered User

I actually have a pair, feel good to me after getting them baked. They are really stiff though, dunno if you like that or not

14. Gman094

Gman094 Registered User

inlinewarehouse has free ground shipping over 99 and free 2 day air over 199. plus you can join their little club by buying a 10 dollar tee shirt and getting 10% current and all future orders. I just got skates, a helmet and gloves from them.

15. Blueland89

Blueland89 Registered User

Accounting
    old mission skates run the same as your shoe size and I have the Rx:20's and love them they do need a little breaking in and a good insole

16. Waltah*

Waltah* Guest

Thanks a bunch folks. I'm going to try some on, on Friday. It's between the rx20, t6, and a5 on paper.

17. Blueland89

Blueland89 Registered User

Accounting
    I've had my Bauer Rx's for about 9 months now and I love'm not saying they are the best but for the price I am very happy with mine

18. Waltah*

Waltah* Guest

ive heard good things. my ice skates are nike quest 4's so maybe the ol' nike/bauer will rub off on me for these inlines. :)

my quests are awesomely comfortable.

19. Waltah*

Waltah* Guest

went with the axiom a5's. these things are nice and light, infinitely more comfortable than my bsx's , and they roll faaaaaaaaaaaaaaast. thats going to take some adjustment for sure. these thigns are like greased lightning compared to my current skates. im assuming it is higher quality bearings.

20. silkyjohnson50

silkyjohnson50 Registered User

I'm about to go buy some new blades today too. Like you, i'm hoping to get a decent pair for under $200.

The last two pairs i've owned were both missions, but i haven't bought a pair in like 7 years.

21. Waltah*

Waltah* Guest

took them out for a spin today and im thrilled with the comfort level. break-in is going to be relatively painless.

got to work on some reverse crossovers in the empty tennis courts near my house(put outdoor wheels on). really happy with these so far. super light and comfy.

cant wait for the season to start and put the indoor wheels back on. they are FAST as heck.