• The Neon Demon (Refn, 2016)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Above, So Below (Dowdle, 2014)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I have to recommend 2014’s “As Above, So Below”. A bit like the Descent, but in the catacombs and a lot more surreal. It was an absolutely horrifying concept and it delivered very well.

Midsommar and the Witch weren’t scary IMO. They were twisted and weird, but lacked majorly in the fright department.

OTHER:

The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016).:)

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great directing, great supporting cast.

Of course, I don't like most kinds of horror. (Get Out was good.)

Both films added for you to vote!

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It wouldn't rank anywhere near the top for me but I did like As Above, So Below quite a bit. It kind of had this generic feel to it where it was a found footage movie with typical overacting for horror (I also think it started poorly), but it picks up a ton in the catacombs. There were a lot of genuinely effective scares in here. The one in particular was when
they see the illusion of the burning car and the guy gets sucked in and it immediately closes and leaves his legs sticking up from the ground. The sound design on it was absolutely awesome and it had such an unsettling effect.

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Went with the witch and hereditary. But the wailing is a definite worthy 3rd.

Honestly a lot of great horror this decade in my mind.

Agreed, especially in the latter half. Don't know if The Lighthouse would count as one, but it might have been my favorite or a close second as well.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
No convincing winner here, but the three way tie is moving on to the all-time poll

1) The Cabin in the Woods
1) Hereditary
1) The VVitch

The Conjuring and It Follows are next in line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad