Best Hockey Sticks of Today

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm 6'2" 195 D man who uses his stick lots... meaning I play several times a week and I use my stick actively in defending (blocking hacking etc.) I also shoot quite a bit. I've tried several different sticks, and found that the best stick for all round performance and durability is the CCM Vector. With your size I would suggest a T-120.

Alot of posters here are forwards and therefore are looking for different things from thier sticks. Vectors can really take a beating.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Well comming from you I know I can expect a true response since you worked in a pro job and I respect you.

Im sorry to all that i've taken advantage of the warranty....fine me, sue me whatever. But my friend is REALLY the one to blame (i'm not holding a gun to his head)........I have the cash to buy new sticks but seriously...when my bud says he can get me a new one for free by making a fake receipt....i'm not turning it down....i'm not that rich just yet ;)

Not trying to bust your balls(mods feel free to censor if need be), but you can always tell him no. As hard as it might be to say no to getting a free stick, it's still wrong. Maybe instead of forging a receipt you can ask your friend to give you a discount?

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
People would bring us sticks to modify (i.e. cut the broken blade and put a blade in the end of the shaft) and I have to say we saw a whole lot of Easton and Bauer sticks, but very few CCM Vectors. Granted we sold a lot more Bauer and Easton, but it looks like CCMs were a bit tougher than the other two.

#2eddieshore

May 29, 2005
Im a D who has a big slapshot and wants something durable.

So far the Vector stick and TPS sticks seem appropiate. Any other suggestions?

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Im a D who has a big slapshot and wants something durable.

So far the Vector stick and TPS sticks seem appropiate. Any other suggestions?

Those would be my two suggestions. I've heard good things about Warrior as well, but my boss still hasn't ordered any (he's stubborn) so I can't verify anything. Pronger using them might be a pretty good indication that they've got some power.

Also, don't just go for a higher flex in an attempt to make the stick last longer. It will mess up your shot. You won't get enough power for the shaft to flex causing the blade to buckle a bit diminishing your accuracy.

saba

Apr 8, 2003
Charlotte, NC
durable

I have had zero problems with my Synergy II grip shaft nor my Synthesis ST grip, both are durable, reliable, and consistent

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Those would be my two suggestions. I've heard good things about Warrior as well, but my boss still hasn't ordered any (he's stubborn) so I can't verify anything. Pronger using them might be a pretty good indication that they've got some power.

Also, don't just go for a higher flex in an attempt to make the stick last longer. It will mess up your shot. You won't get enough power for the shaft to flex causing the blade to buckle a bit diminishing your accuracy.

TPS makes some great sticks. Warrior sticks are old innovative sticks, which have been known to have torquing issues. They're good sticks but if you've ever had issues with stick torquing you might want to stay away.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
I have had zero problems with my Synergy II grip shaft nor my Synthesis ST grip, both are durable, reliable, and consistent

I go with shafts all the way. I rarely see a shaft break. If the blade does break you replace it for $40 rather than $200. I go with a an Easton Z-Bubble with a Sher-Wood wooden blade. I like the feel of the wooden blade and I've never had a problem getting off a rocket. Now if only I could find a stick that makes me skate better.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Z-Bubbles are one of the most likeliest shafts to snap IMO...it's that 'bubble' part tha seems to snap. If you go with an Easton product and want durable, an Ultra Lite shaft is the way to go. But over, TPS and CCM do seem to make some of the more durable sticks but will also admit that my Montreal Nitro is holding up very well.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Z-Bubbles are one of the most likeliest shafts to snap IMO...it's that 'bubble' part tha seems to snap. If you go with an Easton product and want durable, an Ultra Lite shaft is the way to go. But over, TPS and CCM do seem to make some of the more durable sticks but will also admit that my Montreal Nitro is holding up very well.

Most shafts that I've seen break split at the end on the corners.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
unfortunately I found that out after the fact. I was told I wouldn't notice the difference but I did, and it felt weird. That's why I switched to the Synthesis.
I'm looking into Reebok & TPS now, but I'm going to take my time.

Someone told you you wouldnt notice a difference in using a tapered shaft upside down with a standard blade? I wouldnt take anymore advice from them. Should have just popped the blade out of the end heated the shaft and pulled the broken blade out. Would have saved yourself some cash.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Durable shafts? TPS redlite FTW

Not sure about the newere r2 armor shafts since i havent ponied up for one yet but the older TPS shafts are tanks. I wont use anything else. Ive had one for 6 yrs and that thing has held up nice. My R2XN 10 shaft has taken a beating the last few years and still going strong. Seen way too many other brands break too easily to buy.

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
TPS sticks are tanks...pricey but definitely cant take a beating.

I have used the TPS XN10 for a while and it is the best performing stick I have tried. However it's durability has not been too good (in my experience). Once I had one break the first time I used it and the second one I bought did not fare much better. I love the way the puck comes off the stick but am disappointed with their durability.

I think the Easton ST is tops for durability. A lot of my teammates use them and they seem to get good usage out of them.

Berger_4_

Dec 17, 2006
Bawlf Alberta Canada
Go with a good wood stick...it's all I use. I just can't justify spending 200+ dollars on a stick for Tier 4 hockey...I really liked the Easton Z-Carbon. Unfortunately nobody in the area carries them....The blade is always consistent, not like some wood sticks which warp after a short time. I'm using and Easton UltraLite now...it seems decent for a 45 dollar stick.

GSC

Dec 21, 2004
The Basement
I'm endorsing my favourite brand again, but I love Graf G-Force sticks. I'm also a fan of the Montreal Nitro 8500 one-piece sticks. Either or, I've had great success with both.

IMO, the best sticks around are no longer being made: Branches. They made great wood and composite sticks, used them for a long time before they got out of the business.

Last edited:

Niftygrl16

Dec 20, 2006
Rhode Island
Anybody know anything about the RBK 7K SicKick

I just got one of these. Only used it a few times so far but I really like it! I do have to say that I am a 38 year old woman hockey player so it's not getting beat on and I'm not ripping slappers from the blue line, but I do notice that I can get alot better lift out of the puck and it's helped my shot. It's also super light and the pro-grip fell is great.

I used to use a TPS shaft and blade, then this stick was given to me from someone with the Providence Bruins.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I bought a Synergy SL and it hasn't felt right since I started using it. When you tap it on the ground it sounds broken and it feels horrible but I can't see any cracks in it and it flexes ok... I hardly use the thing at all.

I got an Innovative 1100 one piece from a hockey shop by here and it broke within two weeks. Some guy with a monster shot shot one on the ground and I put the stick out to stop it, it bounced right off the blade back to him and he scored... and the shaft cracked.

I also had a problem with the Vapor XXX lite breaking very quickly.. in a few days.

Overall the best luck I've had with sticks were the original easton synergys, and the regular Vapor XXX.

I'm using a Synergy II right now because the Stealth I was using has a crack in the blade.

CapsChemist

Mar 26, 2006
State College
What would you guys recommend me? I play a lot of outdoor inline hockey and need a durable stick. Im a forward and i use my wrist shot alot more then slap. Every stick i get breaks in 4 weeks.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Outdoor inline on sportcourt or concrete?

And on another note, I do like my Montreal Nitro too, good stick, only wish I bought a flexier one. But I did take people's advice from this board and got myself a Vapor V2 in a 77 flex. I'm reallly liking it...it does have a decent feel and the flex is nice. For $50, can't go wrong either.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
i love my warrior ak27 shaft:
ak27_shaft.jpg

with my easton hybrid blade:
03hybridbld.jpg

Nov 26, 2006
Fresno, CA
Durable shafts? TPS redlite FTW

i'll second that.

my buddy has a redlite that i bought like 5 years ago. it's been beat on pretty bad, he bought it off me last year, he's like 6' 3" 240lbs and it shows no signs of giving in any time soon.

really really strong shaft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad