Best hockey pool guide/list/kit from the 2022/23 season

hkyresearch

Sep 2, 2020
Hello poolers,

Want to know which hockey pool list of projections was best for a one-year, straight points-only draft from the 2022/23 season?

I did, so over the course of this summer I have executed and evaluated over 78.3 million hockey pool draft scenarios using the 48 projection lists which were collected last season.

You can find all my videos breaking down the tests and results here Hockey Pool Aid Videos on YouTube

Over-all there were five lists which made it to the top levels as finalists in both the 8 owner and 9 owner drafts. They were:
Steve's Cheat Sheet - Balanced and successful in many draft lengths
The Hockey News - very strong in the shorter drafts
Dom Luszczysyn - Performed better in longer drafts
Apples & Ginos - Was a presence in mid to long range drafts but couldn't take the top spot often enough
Pool-Hockey - A finalist which shows that they could be successful against lesser opponents

Another five lists were at the top level as finalists in one but not both sets of owner drafts. They were:
CanadianSandGoggles - did an amazing job in the 8-owner battles but not as fortunate in the 9-owner battles
Le Droit / Le Soleil - If only they produced a longer list we would be able to better judge their strength in long drafts
Crome Aggregate Projections - The 9-owner Champion but a little less consistent in the 8-owner fights
Left Wing Lock - Can flirt with the top spot in the mid length drafts
Ultimate Pool Preview - Challenges in the short to mid length drafts

The maximum draft lengths were limited by the smallest list which belonged to Le Droit / Le Soleil. If Le Droit / Le Soleil were not so successful around the 300 drafted player mark the maximum draft lengths could have been in the high-400s or low-500s range, thus allowing lists by Evolving-Hockey, Dom Luszczysyn, and Steve's Cheat Sheet to showcase themselves a little bit more.

While there were some pretty good challengers, the guide with the most consistency and success across all the formats which we tested was Steve's Cheat Sheet!!! Congrats to them!!!

That being said... the Reddit FantasyHockey sub-channel community produced some worthy entries (Apples & Ginos, CanadianSandGoggles, and Crome Aggregate Projections). Well done too!!! And I will add... they were free.

I have already started to collect the projections lists for the 2023/24 season and I look forward to putting them through even more rigorous testing next summer.

Good luck in your pools this season!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad