Best Hockey Insider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Didn't Eklund actually make it onto Sportsnet's full deadline day coverage one year? As that weird Anonymous Mystery Blogger behind frosted glass or something?

Or am I losing my mind?

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
They're more or less useless. Don't understand why people bother hating on them or defending them. Trades happen when they happen. I just don't see the value in hearing vague rumours hours before it happens. What's the point?

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Who Is The Best Hockey Insider?

Depends... Dreger is the best Trade Breaker by a country mile
while Mac is the best Overall

none are really rumor mongors if that's what you are looking for.

mustangbangs

Apr 13, 2014
Bob McKenzie since he started his career in the soo, so I'll say him. A lot of the fan fare for him should be credited to the tsn staff and how they deliver hockey relate news. There product is superior to there competitors in my mind.

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Dreger's daily speculation takes him down in many people's mind... but as far as who is first to break most trades.. it's no question, Dreger is always first on the twitter timeline.

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
This is the way it goes with Dreger:

1 month ago: 0% chance Kessel or Phaneuf move before deadline
Today: Very unlikely they move before deadline
Deadline: One or both is traded, Dreger is first to report. "Told ya so"

buttman*

Bob. Dregs used to be good and it's not his fault really, they make him talk about trades everyday now and sometimes there just isn't anything.

Bob and Lebrun only comment when something is going on. Hyper isn't bad either. he's right there with Lebrun.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Bob doesn't break rumours as much as some of these other guys, but his accuracy is untouchable.

A few years back I won a bunch of $$ in a 20-man "predict Canada's Olympic Roster" office pool. My strategy? Go with Bob's picks. No one else came close.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Based on the two options I voted for Dreger.

However my preference as to who the best Hockey Insiders is as follows.

Bob McKenzie
Pierre LeBrun
Darren Dreger

So overall I think TSN has the better Hockey people working for them, however the only one I like from the Rogers side is Elliotte Friedman and it's a shame he is working there with a bunch of clowns.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
2 choices ... this is the most flawed poll ever.
Close this thread and make a proper poll.

McKenzie
or
ABD (Anyone but Dreger).
I'm sick of his rumor mill crap.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Friedman easily.

While Bobby probably has more knowledge or connections he doesn't seem to share it in as good a format as the 30 thoughts by Friedman. That's a must read every week for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad