Best highlights of any player?

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Datsyuk, Mario, Bure, Ovechkin.

Kovalchuk is sick when I want to see snipes.

Crosby for edgework.

Irrationally I don't enjoy watching goalie highlights.

McDavid's juniors videos blow my mind.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Wait, what... how is Datsyuk winning this?

The answer here is Lemieux, kids.

Uh, okay...

Mario Lemieux is as highly regarded as he is because he is, quite clearly, the most naturally talented player of all time and did things most any other players could barely dream of... in a 6ft 5 body. That's why Lemieux is "Lemieux".

I hear you, but I think the results speak for themselves now. Keep in mind that doesn't mean Datsyuk is better, and of course this poll is entirely subjective.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Wait, what... how is Datsyuk winning this?

The answer here is Lemieux, kids.

Uh, okay...

Mario Lemieux is as highly regarded as he is because he is, quite clearly, the most naturally talented player of all time and did things most any other players could barely dream of... in a 6ft 5 body. That's why Lemieux is "Lemieux".
Even though Lemieux has one of the best highlights out there, I think the reason for him not winning this is because he was doing that stuff in the 80s and 90s when the game wasn't as professional as it is now.

The game has developed a lot since then and I can't help thinking from some of Mario's moves about how that move wouldn't probably have worked against even an average NHL player in today's hockey.

The fact Datsyuk was able to pull similar kind of moves as Mario did, in an era where the game is most skilled than it has ever been, is more impressing to me because I can relate better on how impossible it is to fool player like that.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Even though Lemieux has one of the best highlights out there, I think the reason for him not winning this is because he was doing that stuff in the 80s and 90s when the game wasn't as professional as it is now.

The game has developed a lot since then and I can't help thinking from some of Mario's moves about how that move wouldn't probably have worked against even an average NHL player in today's hockey.

The fact Datsyuk was able to pull similar kind of moves as Mario did, in an era where the game is most skilled than it has ever been, is more impressing to me because I can relate better on how impossible it is to fool player like that.
Lemieux would have the same training as everybody else though. That's not fair to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad