Best highlights of any player?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Forsberg's highligjt reels are incredible. He played a complete game and was able to burn the opposition in a thousand ways.

I'm surprised he doesn't have more votes. He's probably my choice after Datsyuk. Lemieux and Crosby are right there though, same with Hasek.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Datsyuk and it's not even remotely close, at least for me. By far the most varied highlights you'll find. Snipes, dirty passes, creative dekes (both on goalies and on players), and can even make steals into highlights.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Datsyuk and it's not even remotely close, at least for me. By far the most varied highlights you'll find. Snipes, dirty passes, creative dekes (both on goalies and on players), and can even make steals into highlights.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. I'm not sure Lemieux would be that close to him in votes here if he wasn't Lemieux...meaning his status as an all time player definitely helps here. If I didn't know a thing about what these players produced and just watched their highlights it wouldn't really be a question to me who appears better.

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Yeah I pretty much agree with this. I'm not sure Lemieux would be that close to him in votes here if he wasn't Lemieux...meaning his status as an all time player definitely helps here. If I didn't know a thing about what these players produced and just watched their highlights it wouldn't really be a question to me who appears better.
Lemieux has one of if not the best highlight reel ever. He made the extraordinary look ordinary. How do you think he got that status as an all time great? You could take ten of his most average games in his career and he'd still have a better reel than 99.9% of players could ever dream of.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Wait, what... how is Datsyuk winning this?

The answer here is Lemieux, kids.

Uh, okay...

Mario Lemieux is as highly regarded as he is because he is, quite clearly, the most naturally talented player of all time and did things most any other players could barely dream of... in a 6ft 5 body. That's why Lemieux is "Lemieux".

Last edited:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Tim Connolly and Athanasiou for obscure players

Bure and Datsyuk's highlight videos leave me in awe, can't decide. Probably Datsyuk

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
In the history of the NHL, there is no player that has a career filled with highlight reel goals besides Mario Lemieux.

The guy was a human highlight reel.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I mean as much a 99 and 66 were the greatest ever.... I dont find their goals to be nearly as "highlight reel" as today's players considering how poor goalies looked in the 80s and early 90s (smaller equipment, style, etc), as well as the defence. Its simply MUCH much tougher to beat a goalie today, and hence, need better dekes, moves, etc. (and I grew up watching 90s hockey before any of you think Im some kid)

Ovie takes the cake for me.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm obviously biased but I could watch an hour highlight reel of Datsyuk just stick lifting defenders while he had the puck and and enjoy every second of it.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Voted for Kovalev because he was my dude growing up.

Yes, it's close, between him another named Pavel. Very close.

The Pavels Bure and Datsyuk win this thread together.

Lemieux is next on the list for me.

As much as I can watch Lundqvist's warm ups as a highlight reel, Hasek would be the winner amongst goalies and I don't think we'll ever have another like him in terms of highlight reel.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hasek. So many "how did he do that" moments, and so many highlights stolen from other players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->