Best heavyweight in the chl

Transported Upstater

Cormier has insane punching power. He can just flatten people.

Another good one is Matt Kassian in the WHL.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
How does Milan Lucic stack up to these guys? I haven't seen him play much, but I hear he's pretty tough.

stugotz

Mar 17, 2004
In The Q: not question its Kevin Cormier, he was the champ last year as well, with no one able to come close to him other than Marty Doyle.

So naturally this year he is a monster again and is tops in the Q and probably tops in the CHL, the only person in the CHL that could challenge him is Matt Kassian in the WHL.

Other notables in the Q would be Triston Mason, Kyell Hennegan, and possibly Kirk Forrest.

The OHL looks the weaker of the two to me (I watch OHL and QMJHL, so I cant really comment all that much on the WHL) While the OHL has some tough guys, none stand out as much as Cormier or Kassian. But right now the top dog IMO (and the opinion of OHLTG.com) would be Theo Peckham as #1 and right behind him would be Phil Oreskovic. Since Scott Todd is hurt he would probably be in the mix of the top 3. Someone mentioned Bobby Davey I think he's definatly a tough kid but I wouldnt put him in a top 3, OHLTG has him ranked #5 and that seems right to me. Only other person worth mentioning would by St. Mike's Michael Haley who is a little guy but impressed when he was taking on the top dogs last year with Sarnia, especially since he had a good showing against Zach Stortini and KO'ed Scott Todd.

Amidst all this writing my CHL top 3 would be:

1. Kevin Cormier
2. Matt Kassian
3. Theo Peckham

Thats just how I see it though.

*EDIT: When I get a chance I'll upload some good fights of the guys I mentioned.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I guess John Flatters on the Vancouver Giants Thinks he's a Tough Guy..

John

May 25, 2004
How does Oskar Osala stack up?

He's nowhere near these guys. He fights middleweights and picks his spots pretty well. He got hammered by Tyler Doig in one fight and his other fight this season was a non-event. He's not an enforcer.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
frazier mclaren from the dub, i've seen him beat up lucic and a few other whl enforcers and this year he's decided to score goals too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->