Best/Happiest Wrestling moments/segments

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The "worst" thread gave me the idea. Shoutout to @alko

For whatever reason this one stuck out in my head and I will always remember June/July 2003 as the high water mark of Smackdown! Kurt Angle was on fire coming back and they FINALLY reached a happy medium with Lesnar's character. It beat the hell out of the "aw shucks" Lesnar we saw right after he won the belt at Mania 19

And if I'm gonna mention the Smackdown! high water mark I better mention this too. I yelled "HOLY SHIT!" so loud my mom came out and asked what happened.

They really should've turned Taker heel instead of Lesnar after Vengeance. He was so poorly handled and goes from "superplex" to unable beat anyone clean unless it was Spanky. Anyone could've believed "Big Evil wanted his title shot and would do anything to get it.

I know WWE wanted a Mania rematch at SummerSlam but Smackdown! really went off a cliff after that. It got waaaayyyyyy too heel heavy for waaaaayyyy too long. After Angle dropped the belt in the ironman in summer 2003, they had 1 babyface champion for a few months in Eddie. The next was John Cena in 2005.

Reactions: Kaner9

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was that when they had JBL as champion? because his reign felt way longer than it was. I had just gotten back in at that point and man was I surprised he was a champion

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Was that when they had JBL as champion? because his reign felt way longer than it was. I had just gotten back in at that point and man was I surprised he was a champion

Yeah it was. Now granted, he was an AMAZING heel champion but his booking went too far for too long. I get his character not having one clean win or a random act of God always saving him. But that was what, 8 times at least and almost a year? It was made even worse that it was 565 days from the time Lesnar won the ironman to JBL losing at Mania 21. Eddie's reign was 134.

In perspective that's 1 year, 6 months and 18 days of hating your champion with a 4 month and 13 day break in between where you loved him. The heel burnout was real by fall 2004

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah it was. Now granted, he was an AMAZING heel champion but his booking went too far for too long. I get his character not having one clean win or a random act of God always saving him. But that was what, 8 times at least and almost a year? It was made even worse that it was 565 days from the time Lesnar won the ironman to JBL losing at Mania 21. Eddie's reign was 134.

In perspective that's 1 year, 6 months and 18 days of hating your champion with a 4 month and 13 day break in between where you loved him. The heel burnout was real by fall 2004
And then came John Cena

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And then came John Cena

lmao I know right? Had WWE continued to let him come out in local jerseys and spitting off free styles he would've been the greatest champion since Stone Cold. No doubt in my mind. But he was toast when they made him a milquetoast Hogan and put him on Raw. It's a case study in how your heat lives and dies by the mic and your character's affect. You don't neuter a certified badass babyface and expect him to stay popular.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This was also great.

PwYL52.gif

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Whether or not people liked them- when the mic gave out on Enzo and Cass and the crowd helped make it not matter.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Whenever Otis got some from Mandy he looked so happy and it made me lol

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Just random ones for me:

HHH coming back from surgery after what, 9 months
Returns: Edge, Cena, Hardy Boyz return, Sting in WCW was a fav of mine
Jericho debut in WWE
Mox in AEW