Best Goaltending Prospect-Poll #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Blackburn. He's played at the NHL level and has shown that he can stand on his head behind a HORRID Ranger team.

Yeah, the injury set him back but he's feeling spectacular and might push for starter next season.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
I went with Blackburn also. I think Toivonen was a lil high at #3, but I honestly dont know who I would have had in his place. I would have went with Ouellet, but I like Blackburn more at this point. Ouellet will def be my vote for #5.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
pittengineer said:
I went with Blackburn also. I think Toivonen was a lil high at #3, but I honestly dont know who I would have had in his place. I would have went with Ouellet, but I like Blackburn more at this point. Ouellet will def be my vote for #5.
I went with Blackie, as well. Even though he got the injury, he still proved something at the NHL level, something that you can't say for most of the guys on the list.

Vic Rattlehead*

EroCaps said:
Toivonen overrated. Ouellet all the way.
A little upset that more people voted for Toivonen than Ouellet? Too bad.

Toivonen will challenge Raycroft for the #1 spot in a couple of years. His numbers were great in the SM-Liga and he performed well in providence this year. He is only 20, and should only improve in the next couple of years.

Vic Rattlehead*

nurminen31 said:
Gee, Im really glad I put Auld on there. With all the requests I got on the last poll I'd expect hed get way more votes.
Maybe the 'Nucks fans haven't arrived yet?

Mr.Sinister

Feb 2, 2003
Visit site
no freaking wat toivannen is third on that list, hes so overated, its all becasue of teh so called Finnish invasion of goalies.
let me guess, the next highest rated is Ahonen, who cant even put together a winning record in the A.
anyways, i voted for Ouellet, again

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I voted Miller. I'll get called a homer for sure, but I do think Yan Danis isn't too far behind these guys. I can't say if he would make the top 10 or so, but he did put up David LeNeveu type numbers on a less defensively skilled Brown team. His numbers are impressive in his sophomore and senior years. This year he was one of the top goalies in the NCAA (if not for a tough end of the season, where his numbers took a hit) he could have been one of the best goalies in recent NCAA history save % wise.

Last edited:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Mr.Sinister said:
no freaking wat toivannen is third on that list, hes so overated, its all becasue of teh so called Finnish invasion of goalies.
let me guess, the next highest rated is Ahonen, who cant even put together a winning record in the A.
I am willing to bet money Lehtonen couldn't get a winning record in Albany. They are by far the worst AHL team in the league in terms of offense/defense.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Miller.

Cam Ward should be added to this list imo...whether or not you want to play the 'he was on a strong team card', he still had a fantastic season and is a terrific prospect imo.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
I am willing to bet money Lehtonen couldn't get a winning record in Albany. They are by far the worst AHL team in the league in terms of offense/defense.
Springfield was just as bad, but LeNeveu was an all-star as a rookie, which is why I voted for him over Toivonen.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Toivonen should NOT be 3rd... it should be Lehtonen, Miller, Fleury, Ouellet, Toivonen, DesLauries, Blackburn, Ward, Emery, Lundqvist

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
BobMarleyNYR said:
Toivonen should NOT be 3rd...
I used to share that sentiment, but not so much any more.

First I'd say that the #3 spot is pretty much up for much debate, unlike the first two spots. But I like what Toivonen has done at such a young age. If I'm not mistaken he was one of the youngest players in the AHL this past season, and I was fairly impressed by his WJC showing.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Hannu Toivonen DOES belong in the #3 slot actually. #4 should be Ray Emery. I'd put Maxime Ouellet at #5. Sadly, i'd say Ryan Miller is the sixth best goaltending prospect in hockey right now.

Ps-Does anyone else think these Goalies have really cool names?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I'm really down on Emery because of his short fuse and his rigid rebound control.

I'd probably put Miller at 4, Ouellet at 5, Blackburn at 6 and Emery somewhere around 7 or 8.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Captain Conservative said:
Hannu Toivonen DOES belong in the #3 slot actually. #4 should be Ray Emery. I'd put Maxime Ouellet at #5. Sadly, i'd say Ryan Miller is the sixth best goaltending prospect in hockey right now.

And that is your opinion. I think Toivonen belong Top3. Also Ryan Miller doesn´t even belong whole that list cause i think he´s not prospect enymore and Miller is very overrated IMO.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Mr.Sinister said:

Could Luongo put winning record to Florida? No, why he was still voted to Vezina? Why? Cause he´s team sucks same time that Luongo plays amazing. Albany River Rats sucks even more than Florida and i think Ahonen is Top5-7 goalie prospect.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Captain Conservative said:

What does Ouellet done to be so underrated? Exist longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->