Best Goalies in the 2012 Draft

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I know this years not too strong on tenders and, while next year is a very good draft the goalies aren't a top end crop. That being said, who are the top goalies for the 2012 NHL Draft? All I've really heard of are Rutledge, Dansk, Altshuller, Franke, etc, but I have no clue where they rank or too much about them, plus I am sure there are other goalies I haven't heard of.
Any input and opinion would be great

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Domenic Graham of the Drummondville Voltigeurs. Rookie Goalie of the year in the Q.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Domenic Graham of the Drummondville Voltigeurs. Rookie Goalie of the year in the Q.

2013 Eligible.

Some other guys to look out for include
Oskar Dansk, Andrei Vasilvskiy, Malcolm Subban have been impressive. A under the radar guy is Matt Murray of the Greyhounds. Some others include Jon Gillies and Ruetledge of the USNTDP, Dalton Izyk looks good as well. Another goalie is Belleville Bulls prospect Daniel Alsthuller, played for team Ontario in the U-17's and made it over some of the guys in the OHL. Francois Tremblay is a big goalie who plays in the Q for Valdor. Chris Dreidger is the best of the WHL.

KingJet*

Chris Dreidger of the Tri-City Americans (Likely to get traded cause of Comrie), draws comparisons to Luongo/Price but good enough to be a starter someday, TC didn't treat him well.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I also have reason to believe that Daniel Altschuller is going the college route rather than going to Bellville next year. He will be playing junior A next season. How do you think that would impact his draft ranking?

Stanleyjub

Oct 24, 2009
hockey
Not so good draft for finnish-goalies than 2011 or 2013. I guess Oskari Setänen is the best finnish goalie-prospect for this draft ?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Look for Brandon Hope of Sarnia Sting. I've heard good things about a few goaler prospects from the US High School system. Also Q is supposed to have a great year too.

2012 is looking very good compared to 2011.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Not so good draft for finnish-goalies than 2011 or 2013. I guess Oskari Setänen is the best finnish goalie-prospect for this draft ?

Oskari Setänen, Joonas Korpisalo and Henri Kiviaho seem like fairly good goalie prospects, but at this point it's hard to say if any of them get drafted.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I'm a bit biased, but Joonas Korpisalo is a pretty good goalie with good size. He's played well with the national teams as well and he'll most likely be the starting goalie for Jokerit U20 next season. Of course Setänen already played U20 this year but Korpisalo had the best goalie in the U20 league ahead of him so he really didn't even have a chance to play with U20.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
I'm a bit biased, but Joonas Korpisalo is a pretty good goalie with good size. He's played well with the national teams as well and he'll most likely be the starting goalie for Jokerit U20 next season. Of course Setänen already played U20 this year but Korpisalo had the best goalie in the U20 league ahead of him so he really didn't even have a chance to play with U20.

If Kasimir Kaskisuo continues with Jokerit, it'll be interesting to see how the ice time is divided between him and Korpisalo. Kaskisuo is also a 2012 eligible and not a bad netminder.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
If Kasimir Kaskisuo continues with Jokerit, it'll be interesting to see how the ice time is divided between him and Korpisalo. Kaskisuo is also a 2012 eligible and not a bad netminder.

Yea, I forgot Kaskisuo is 2012 as well despite being -93 born. I heard it'll be Kaskisuo and Korpisalo as Jokerit's netminders and that's a pretty good duo right there. Jokerit have some good young goalies coming up with these two + Frans Tuohimaa and -95 born Kevin Lankinen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad