Best Goalie fighter ever?

selkie

Feb 9, 2009
Niceville, FL
Roy was more than willing to drop gloves, but if you can't get a clear and clean win over Chris Osgood, you can't be the best, IMO.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
Not really a goalie fight as it was a goalie beatdown, but NYR Cloutier vs NYI Salo has always been my favourite

nyrtrublue

Oct 14, 2008
dan cloutier wasnt much of a goalie but look at what he did to salo

^^^ that guy stole my thunder

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
osgood vs roy is my favorite. it was the circumstances surrounding it along with the history between the teams that does it for me.

zeus3007*

Well, probably Emery, the dude is a boxer in his spare time. No to Hextall, Potvin whipped his arse. Hextall was mean, but if you get beat up by Felix Potvin, you're not the best fighter.

Robert604strom

May 31, 2010
Victoria
Hextall would rip emry apart. Why does this guy get credit for being peters punching bag? Hextall went after forwards on a daily basis.

Carlton Orr*

Emery. He would drop the mitts in the minors with the tough guys hahaha.

Phousse

Jul 28, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Another vote for the Potvin/Hextall fight. I remember there being a huge picture of it on the Toronto Star sports section and I had it framed on my wall.

Topp Spin

STIHL 286
Dec 4, 2010
Alberta
Have to go with the Potvin/Hextall fight.

Most people probably thought that Hextall would win, but Potvin's dad was a boxer I believe, and taught Felix well.

It was awesome to see Potvin beat the crap out of an unsuspecting Hextall.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Have to go with the Potvin/Hextall fight.

Most people probably thought that Hextall would win, but Potvin's dad was a boxer I believe, and taught Felix well.

It was awesome to see Potvin beat the crap out of an unsuspecting Hextall.

beat the crap out of? win yes but by no means was it a one sided beating. I have to laugh at all the people who say that Potvin kicked his ass, he surprised Hextall and went toe to toe with Hextall and ended up coming out with the win, but did't dominate him

on a related note I was surprised Potvin din't beat up Hurme

Topp Spin

STIHL 286
Dec 4, 2010
Alberta
beat the crap out of? win yes but by no means was it a one sided beating. I have to laugh at all the people who say that Potvin kicked his ass, he surprised Hextall and went toe to toe with Hextall and ended up coming out with the win, but did't dominate him

on a related note I was surprised Potvin din't beat up Hurme

Did I ever say that it was a one sided beating? You can narrowly win a fight, and still beat the crap out of the other guy. Which is what Potvin did. He bloodied up Hextall pretty good...

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Did I ever say that it was a one sided beating? You can narrowly win a fight, and still beat the crap out of the other guy. Which is what Potvin did. He bloodied up Hextall pretty good...

pretty sure if you beat the crap out of someone its more than just a narrow win

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Two people can beat the crap out of eachother.

Anyway, I wasn't asking what the best fight was. I was asking who the best fighter was.

My vote still has to be with Emery.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
Being a Flyers fan I hated Billy Smith as a player with a passion but you can't ignore a goalie with 489 career regular season PIMs and another 91 PIMs in the playoffs. He was mean and took crap from nobody and played at 5'-10" 175lbs.

21 career fights and only 3 against Goalies. Fought the likes of Dave "Tiger" Williams twice, Moose Dupont, Paul Holmgren, Danny Gare, Tracy Pratt, Steve Durbano, Dave Brown and Dave Semenko. All have over 1000 NHL PIMs.

Ray Emery seems to be getting the most votes so far and he has 42 career PIMs and 2 career NHL fights according to HockeyFights.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad