Best Goalie Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogopogo*

Glenn Hall and Dominik Hasek are #1 and #2. Just not sure what order.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
In my own time as a hockey fan, if I played one game for all the marbles I'd put Fuhr in the net... Probably a bit misguided, but if it was my life on the line I'd want Cocoa playing for it..

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
Patrick Roy.

My old man and I always have the Roy vs. Plante arguments. I guess we think they're the greatests because they were both of our childhood heroes. It makes for a good debate.

chooch*

Bring Back Bucky said:
In my own time as a hockey fan, if I played one game for all the marbles I'd put Fuhr in the net... Probably a bit misguided, but if it was my life on the line I'd want Cocoa playing for it..

Cocoa?

explain

CHareth

Jul 6, 2003
Visit site
Bring Back Bucky said:
Not a bad choice, but I'll take Billy Smith. Have fun in the afterlife. ;)

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
"If Jacques was in nets today, I'd still be playing. That's how good he was!" - Bob Plager, who played against Sawchuck, and in front of Plante and Hall - Hockey Digest, April 1981

Wetcoaster

I do not see Patrick Roy as No. 1 all-time. That honour has to go to Terry Sawchuk.

Roy was not even the best goalie of his generation - that honour goes to Hasek.

Six Vezinas to Hasek while Roy was in the prime of his career, puts paid to any claim Roy would have as Number 1.

Claypool_*

Hasek

From the time he became a starter until he won the Stanley Cup with Detroit, he was the most dominate player in league history. In the span of a decade, there has never been a player that was so unbelieveable and so good. I'd perhaps move him ahead of Pavel Bure as the most exciting player ever.

I believe he's the only goalie to ever win two MVP's.

Top 10 best goalies of the 97-98 season

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
Gilles Meloche belongs in the conversation, considering he was 5-9, played on a horrible team (Seals before Northstars) in an era when scoring was at its peak and, on many nights, gave the Bruins fits when they were at their peak as an offensive juggernaut. Orr, "Save Meloche!" Esposito, "Save Meloche!" Bucyk, "Save Meloche!" Oh my.

NYIsles1*

Anyone want to put up the playoff all-time goaltender save percentage figures once again and compare Billy Smith with the rest.

Greatest money goaltender in NHL history.

interminded

Aug 10, 2005
Netherlands
I voted for Sawchuk.

Roy, Brodeur, Hasek: great, great, great goalies. Without a doubt !

But Sawchuk was ahead of its time, way ahead of its time !
R-B-H are above-elite goaltenders in an era that was filled with elite goaltenders.

Jo

Mar 11, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Talent wise: Hasek nad/or Brodeur

but if I had to choose one goalie for a stanley cup final game 7, my choice would go with P.Roy. The greatest WINNER to ever play.

KOVALEV10*

If you ask me the most talented then its clearly Hasek. If you ask me the one with the best career Sawchuk, Plante and Dryden are your men. If you ask me about only playoffs then Roy takes it. That's the way I see it those 5 are the best ever. Note I did not include Brodeur because he's still long before retirement.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
KOVALEV10 said:
If you ask me the most talented then its clearly Hasek. If you ask me the one with the best career Sawchuk, Plante and Dryden are your men. If you ask me about only playoffs then Roy takes it. That's the way I see it those 5 are the best ever. Note I did not include Brodeur because he's still long before retirement.

Yep, they're all tied for number 1 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad