Best goal call I've ever heard= Crunch TV guy on JT Brown's disputed goal through net

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
I've seen/heard about a billion goal calls since I became a hockey fan in 1986 at many different levels. This past week I heard my all time favorite in the Game 2 Crunch/Griifins playoff game. With Syracuse down 4-3 and attempting to battle back from a pair of 2 goal defecits. JT Brown came in on Petr Mrazek and quite literally put one through the net meshing. Play continued for a couple of minutes and the Crunch netminder made a highlight reel save on a Griffin. At the next stoppage in play, officials converged and it was confusing to know what was going on with the Crunch play by play and analyst wondering how they could be looking at the Desjardins save as it clearly hadn't gone in. They realized that the officials were conferring about something that took place at the other end and perplexed touched upon the JT Brown shot missing the net and the unlikelihood of pucks going through the net.

When the ref points at centre ice to confirm goal, the Onondaga County arena goes absolutely mental, the Crunch bench explodes in one the most heartfelt celebrations I've ever seen, and the Play-by-play guy unleashes one of the best goal calls I've ever heard. I have no idea who their play-by-play guy is but this is classic stuff. If anybody can find it please post. Crunch ended up losing sadly but have now fought their way back from a 3-0 defecit in the series to close to 3-2 with the next potential two back in Syracuse. Should be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad