Best GM candidates Available??

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
I wouldn't mind Hunter in EDM, I think.

Yes you would.

I bet hunter would be a real good GM

I betcha he wouldn't. He had the chance and got passed over for Kyle Dubas, who is terrible. If he was good, someone, anyone would be calling. They aren't.

No idea how Mark Hunter is still floating around out there GMing in the OHL. He was integral in the rebuild of the Leafs.

Same reason why his brother can only stay employed when he is his own boss. Same reason why Hockey Canada never calls London for anything

IF Mark Hunter was so good he would have already been picked up by someone. So either he wants the keys to the palace right away from some team and they aren't willing to do that or he is over hyped. I will say a lot of his draft picks in his last few years were questionable even at the time (lots of big dudes with not a lot of skill picked late and Korshkov picked way too early) even though he had some good ones (Dermott as an example).

THIS. Once David Branch is gone from the OHL / CHL, so will the Hunters since they won't be able to buy top end talent. Think about this, Mitch Marner was the 19th pick in the OHL draft. Pat Kane went in the 5th round, 88th overall. You really think the 19 other GM's are that clueless? Players are bought and paid for by the Hunters. End that, you end them. And the entire hockey world knows it, which is why neither are in the NHL, and both failed spectacularly when given a chance

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
would love an honest opinion from a Deteoit fan about Hollands body of work lately

People are mad at Holland for not seamlessly transitioning the team into another cup contender. In terms of actually rebuilding I think he has done a fantastic job the past couple years. He has gotten excellent returns on trades and will have drafted 30+ players in 3 years.

Yep. Everything changed when Mike Ilitch passed away. When he was still the Chairman, no kind of rebuild was an option. Push for the playoffs with one-legged veterans. Push push push. He had that never surrender attitude and Holland as GM following those Chairman's orders did exactly what his owner wanted to do. He pushed for the playoffs.

Then Mike Ilitch died.

After that, with his son Chris Ilitch as the Chairman, everything changed. There has been no push, and Holland has only sold players for futures. Holland is doing one of the fastest and greatest rebuilds on the sport without any high picks.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Honestly Ron Hextall would be good for a new team and getting some decent young blood in the system for a few years.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
David McNab either as GM and President or Ken Holland as President. Want experienced guys with proven track records not the Chaykas or Dubas of the world.

McNab is not leaving Anaheim. He has had many chances and always stuck it out.
I think he is the only original Ducks employee still around.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad