Best games of the season so far?

Cappayne

Mar 20, 2011
Disgruntled Leafs fan here, looking for a team in the west to follow. I guess you could call me a bandwagoner, but I'm looking for a good team (to have a balance in the teams I cheer for). I look down the Blues roster and see ex-Leafs that I liked, and guys I used to own in fantasy. I've rotated Halak/Elliot in my keeper league the last few years so I've kind of been cheering for the Blues anyway, but not watching the games.

Anyway, I want to watch some Blues games from this season to get a feel for the team. I would normally watch all the wins but you guys have a lot! so I was hoping you guys could recommend which were the most entertaining or impressive?

Thanks!

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
These come to mind right now.
Blues @ Stars (4-3) Tank's hat-trick
Preds @ Blues (3-4) Pretty entertainment one

We still have yet to achieve 100% power though. Bluebonic plague and injuries were keeping us down.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If you want to see the best game we've probably played all year, and what we can look like when we're firing on all cylinders, I'd probably say the recent 4-1 win against Washington.

Granted, the Caps were a tired team, but that was Blues hockey.

The 1-0 loss to LA was also a good game. We didn't score, as usual against Quick, but we played well. Always a playoff-style game between those two teams.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
LA game was our best effort of the season despite the loss. Caps game was quite good as was our game against Calgary in retrospect knowing that they are a pretty decent team.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Also we had a pretty good win against Anaheim with Backes/Oshie/Stastny out. We murdered Phoenix and Buffalo so if you enjoy a good beatdown you could watch those. Hawks and Kings games were good too.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Kings game (but knowing it was a 0-0 shootout game will spoil the tension...there were scoring chances for both teams)

Stars game with Tarasenko's hat-trick

2nd Rangers game. Its worth it just to watch Tarasenko's crazy goal in context.

The Capitals game, I felt that was the Blues playing their normal game and the Capitals playing terrible (back-to-back, travel, late start for them). But I enjoyed it as a Blues fan.

Cappayne

Mar 20, 2011
Kings game (but knowing it was a 0-0 shootout game will spoil the tension...there were scoring chances for both teams)

Stars game with Tarasenko's hat-trick

2nd Rangers game. Its worth it just to watch Tarasenko's crazy goal in context.

The Capitals game, I felt that was the Blues playing their normal game and the Capitals playing terrible (back-to-back, travel, late start for them). But I enjoyed it as a Blues fan.

I've now watched the Tarasenko hatrick game and the Caps game. Next up is the Kings game, then Preds or Hawks. This team is very solid. Even when they don't look as sharp the play never really feels dangerous.

Very excited for tomorrow's game, especially because it's against Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad