Best Forward of the 60's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
Who do you feel the best player of the 60's was?

Was it Gordie Howe. The guy was consistent all the way through. Always near the top of the scoring race.

Was it Jean Beliveau. Once again eh would always be among league leaders but he brought the great leadership that others didn't.

There was also Henri Richard. He played with great intensity.

Was it Frank Mahovilich. A prolific goal scorer. (Did Punch mess him up???)

What about the exciting Bobby Hull? The guy had the increadible shot and was a real flashy guy that was fun to watch.

Stan Mikita? Both him and Hull complememnted eachother very well.

Over to the old timers on this board! ;)

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Hard to say, but if I had to pick one I'd say Hull. Howe had his most prolific years in the '50s despite having good seasons in the 60s. Hull put up a lot of 50 goal seasons at that time though.

I will say Jean Beliveau. No big diatribe here; anyone who spends time on these boards knows what he brought to the table as a player. You just get the sense that there was something unque about him. Not to knock any other players on that list, all are deserving.

Was Gros Bill the best? To me he was.

hunter1909*

since beliveau was technically from the 50s...forget him...

its all down to 2 players...frank mahovalich or bobby hull...

hull has to get the nod...every second he was on the ice you KNEW there was a real possiblilty of a goal being scored

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm going with Beliveau too. He had some monster years during the '60s and he played through out the decade. So he counts IMO.

Reactions: TopChedder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->